Jul 6, 2021
st. george, ut
Hayward Goldline Pro-Logic Turbo-Cell, T-Cell-15 is over 5 years old and 10,000 hours. Not generating at all. Pool is covered for the Winter here in StG, but filter is on 6 hours per day, per installer, and for freeze control. Check System light on remote is drivin' me crazy, although pool guy says it's no BIG deal and to just wait and purchase a new generator in the Spring. I'd rather get one and stop the craziness! Salt Free Pools has a Platinum Edition replacement for half-the-price of the Hayward, $339 vs. almost $700. Plus the warranty is 2 years longer. Opinions, please.

Hard to say on the Generic cell. I would suspect it will last about half as long as the OEM model as the only way to reduce the cost is to reduce the amount of rare earth metals coating.

There must be a way to turn off the warning light. Unplug the cell?

<Salt Free Pools has a Platinum Edition replacement for half-the-price of the Hayward, $339 vs. almost $700. Plus the warranty is 2 years longer. Opinions, please.>

Anybody but those guys you mentioned. Just google their website and add the word "scam" and you will see what I mean. You will either not receive your order, receive a used cell, or receive a cell that last's six months with no way to make contact with them to do a warranty claim. It's a case of a price too good to be true.

<Salt Free Pools has a Platinum Edition replacement for half-the-price of the Hayward, $339 vs. almost $700. Plus the warranty is 2 years longer. Opinions, please.>

Anybody but those guys you mentioned. Just google their website and add the word "scam" and you will see what I mean. You will either not receive your order, receive a used cell, or receive a cell that last's six months with no way to make contact with them to do a warranty claim. It's a case of a price too good to be true.
Thank you. I did more research after my post and you're correct - not the guys I want to use.

You need a SWCG at least 2X your pool volume. In your climate, preferably closer to 3X. I would stick with the T15 unless you have cash flow issues.

You mention freeze control. What does your water temp get down to there? The SWG won't work anyway when the water gets too cold. (you may already realize that)

Mine is done working until spring I suspect, as my water temp dipped below 60 this week.

Accordin' to my pool guy, salt cell quits once the water temp hits around 55. Installer said the pump should go on for 6 hours a day, year 'round, so I change the pump to go on from 10pm 'til 4am - when the temps generally fall to the 33 degree area once the weather REALLY cools off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can search the forum. There were some studies done here on the forum. It really takes a while at below freezing Temps for moving water to freeze up. Simple things like covering your equipment with a tarp and putting a light inside is enough to keep things from freezing for a long time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.