New Rectangular In Ground Build (in progress) Eastern PA

Your pool is looking great! I drove by that way Friday night, but you can’t see all the details from the road. We are still waiting for an excavation date!

ugg, waiting is the worst. We had almost no progress last week even w the great weather. Stuff going wrong on other jobs and yada yada yada. Frustrating!

Im actually supposed to meet with the landscape guys in an hour and im told this week is finishing the retaining wall, grading, fence, plaster, fill.... yeah, im not holding my breath...

anyway, feel free to pop in an check out the backyard when you are passing by. Hopefully A&S get you moving soon!

just asking have you sealed your concrete yet? It can darken some when sealed but IMO it looks great and even my white concrete gets hot but with a pool who cares just watch the little ones and have fun and enjoy.

just asking have you sealed your concrete yet? It can darken some when sealed but IMO it looks great and even my white concrete gets hot but with a pool who cares just watch the little ones and have fun and enjoy.

Yes, it has been sealed. There are before/after seal pictures on first page. The color is growing on us for sure. It has lightened up a little from the very rich/dark post seal pictures and we are happy with it.

Sorry to hear of the headaches but man that came out so pretty! Love everything about it! What is the 1% left to do?

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim, the builder needs to grout/seal the gap between the coping and the concrete.

The landscaper (who is the builders guy) needs to re-rake and seed the yard again (they left it full of rocks) and fix/level the stepping stones as they just placed them on top of the river rock and are wobbly.

He also need to address the electrical trench to the house. Original fill settled and now we have a 4-6" trench that collects water and ensures nothing will grow in the 'stream' after the trench.

The real fun one is they ran over our propane tank cover.... Bent the cover and protective siding to within a inch or two of the tank... No big deal though right?

You would think these guys want paid but no one has any urgency to get the project to 100%. Whatever... we are swimming.

You would think these guys want paid but no one has any urgency to get the project to 100%. Whatever... we are swimming.

I hear you on that. Our PB still has a list of things to take care of and I owe him a chunk of money. But here we are almost September and I'm still waiting. But you're right, we're swimming!

Everything looks really great...the color of the concrete looks fantastic and everything coordinates so well together. Well done!

Looks fantastic! Sounds like every build this year has been a major hassle. We probably still have several weeks (if not months) left to go but it’s moving. Are you using the sense and dispense already?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the compliments everyone! We are very happy with the end result. It looks great at night with the lights but doesnt photo all that great.

Looks fantastic! Sounds like every build this year has been a major hassle. We probably still have several weeks (if not months) left to go but it’s moving. Are you using the sense and dispense already?

Thanks Gorilla. Yes S&D is up and running, and to be honest, it pretty great... I've really only had to check the alkalinity as it creeps down over time. Everything is else is super easy.

Im going through a lot of acid with the S&D and our rain hasnt helped the PH!

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 131
It there are anchors for the cover to attach to they can/should add them now so they can be sat even with the surface of the decking. Ask your PB what he suggests. He really does seem like a stand up guy so far! That is so nice to hear!

Kim:kim:

Anchors must be installed a minimum of 28 days after deck is poured.
Placing anchors in wet concrete will fail for many reasons.

9 months into my plaster/tile coping reno and I'm still using almost a gallon of acid a week. Will this never end???

I think we are around 1.5-2 gal/week right now.

My S&D is 20 gal (4/16 acid/water) and just filled it with gal 13-16...

Local pool shop (not associated with my builder) said they have seen gunite pools eat acid for up to 5 years... not something i was ever told!.

At least the cost isnt crazy!

I think we are around 1.5-2 gal/week right now.

My S&D is 20 gal (4/16 acid/water) and just filled it with gal 13-16...

Local pool shop (not associated with my builder) said they have seen gunite pools eat acid for up to 5 years... not something i was ever told!.

At least the cost isnt crazy!

Glad to hear you like the s&d. We’ve been looking at the Pentair equivalent intellichem but will probably start off without it, seems like we’ve gone with so many added costs now. :( Looks awesome at night too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.