New Raypak 5450 heat pump...worked for a day, now high pressure trip/lockout

Has anyone else had any luck getting this fixed? A buddy of mine just had his 6450 installed and the same thing is happening. He spoke to Raypak and was told 99% of time it's a water flow problem. Thing is, it's happening with his 2 speed pump on both low and high speed. They told him to play with the bypass to find the sweet spot.

Raypak told us the same about water pressure, I have variable speed pump and it trips hi pressure at any rpm. Had the hi pressure switch replaced and r410 checked outat correct psi hi and low. Multiple companies out to look at it but no fault to be found.

It keeps my water toasty warm all the same, though it might be damaging to it I suppose. Love the thing other than this headache.

Reactions: mattwm
Has anyone had successful resolution from Raypak on the high pressure error message ?

I just installed the 6450ti and it will run for various lengths of time (7 minutes, 15 minutes, etc.) and then throw the high pressure error message and shut down compressor. I can push the up/down buttons and compressors starts but almost immediately throws the same message and compressors shuts down. If I wait a few minutes and turn power off and back on for entire unit it will starts running for the various amount of time until same message high pressure error again. I am only running a 1 1/2 horsepower pump and measure about 17 psi at filter top. It did run for a while and heat the water to 80 degrees from 57 before I finally gave up and shut it down.

thanks to all for your assistance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.