New quote - Cypress, TX

Chakamad

May 24, 2022
Houston
Getting ready to build first pool in Cypress, TX.
Narrowed it down to one builder.
He's done several in the subdivision and one neighbor who had good things to say.

Pool Dimensions:
29' x 17' Geometric pool
Pool Depth: 3.6' - 6'
Tanning Ledge with umbrella holders
Estimated time of completion - 35 days
StoneScapes Pebble and Quartzscapes included

Pentair valves
Filter: Pentair 420 Clean and Clear
Main Pump: Pentair Superflo VSP
Pool Cleaner: Pentair Prowler 920
Heater: Mastertemp 400,000 BTU Natural gas
Chlorinator PowerClean 3" Tab
4 LED Lights
8 Spa Jets
Spa Blower: 2HP Silencer

Spa is 7' x 7' and raised 12"

Pool Cost $65k
Outdoor Bathroom 6'x8' with toilet, sink, shower $16k

Thanks for reading...

Attachments

• Stacy2.jpg
    Stacy2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Stacy5.jpg
    Stacy5.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 123
  • Stacy8.jpg
    Stacy8.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Stacy4 - Copy.jpg
    Stacy4 - Copy.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Stacy6 - Copy.jpg
    Stacy6 - Copy.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 116
Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new project. Looks like a good listing. You might consider replacing the tab feeder with a saltwater generator (SWG) to create the free chlorine for you. Tab feeders are fine for limited use only, but they will increase teh stabilizer CYA) level quickly forcing you to use liquid chlorine only unless you have an SWG. Something to discuss with your builder perhaps. Good luck!

That seems like a great price in this environment. As recommended above, get a SWCG. I wouldn’t own a pool without one. It will reduce your pool maintenance time drastically and you’ll be able to enjoy the pool more. I’d also recommend that you get as much decking as possible. Make sure you have plenty of space for tables, chairs, grill, etc. Whenever we host a party, more people use the deck space than the pool. I like the idea of an outdoor bathroom, but I don’t know that I’d spend $16k on one. It would be nice for parties, especially when people in wet bathing suits drip water on the hardwood floors, but 99% of the time, it would not be needed and would be another thing to maintain. Maybe an outdoor kitchen instead? Ours is used all year - much more so than the pool itself. Enjoy the process!

Reactions: elleb and Decoy205
C,

I would upgrade from the SuperFlo VS to the IntelliFlo VS. The bigger the pump, the slower you can run it and still move a lot of water. I doubt that a SuperFlo VS will be able to run your waterfalls and the pool at the same time.

It is unusual for a pool with an integrated spa not to have an automation system, but I don't see it on your list. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

I love the idea of the outdoor bathroom! Wish I had one. I'd increase the shallow end depth from 3.5' to 4.5'. I'd also get a larger cartridge filter. 420sf will work but bigger is better because you can wait longer to clean it.

Reactions: Lanzz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am having serious bathroom envy... The overall quote seems very reasonable in today's new normal - and the outside bath is a great idea. We end up with a trail of water through the house to the hall bath downstairs. A first-world problem, I know, but the outside bath will be dreamy...

Welcome to TFP
Couple of things to consider
Go with 2 skimmers and have each as independent plumbing to the equipment pad.
Since you only have 1 pump, the water feature and the bubblers will only be functional when in pool mode. When in spa mode you have to have all circulation only in the spa.
I do not see any automation system. You may want to discuss with PB how you will switch from pool mode to spa mode, how you will turn on lights, how you will schedule times for your pump to run, etc. Appears to be all manual at the equipment pad. While it is doable it is not always convenient. A base line automation could add $1500 to $2500 to your cost.
I would like the IntelliFlo VS pump over the SuperFlo VS as it gives more versatility for your different features
35 days is a great timeline - have you confirmed that with your neighbors that have used the same PB?
Look at the payment schedule in the contract. Suggest you hold back 10% until final completion of all

• What kind of decking is included? How many sq feet.
    - Agree on SWG being added
  • Automation for the SPA is meh. Takes 5 seconds to turn to valves to put your pool in spa mode and another 3 seconds to hit the on button the heater. The cost to install automation and the worry of components failing is not worth it, IMO. For lighting it is a light switch and your timer will have start/stop times for its schedule. If you can get it fairly cheap, sure. If you start to see north of 3grand, I'd spend it elsewhere.
    - Curios on one pump for filtration and water features. IF it's just the 3 scuppers you may be fine. My pump runs filtration and indirectly the spillway from my spa. However I have one pump for deck jets, bubblers, waterfall, and spillway.
    - Don't' cheap out on the pump and filter size.

Welcome to TFP
Couple of things to consider
Go with 2 skimmers and have each as independent plumbing to the equipment pad.
Since you only have 1 pump, the water feature and the bubblers will only be functional when in pool mode. When in spa mode you have to have all circulation only in the spa.
I do not see any automation system. You may want to discuss with PB how you will switch from pool mode to spa mode, how you will turn on lights, how you will schedule times for your pump to run, etc. Appears to be all manual at the equipment pad. While it is doable it is not always convenient. A base line automation could add $1500 to $2500 to your cost.
I would like the IntelliFlo VS pump over the SuperFlo VS as it gives more versatility for your different features
35 days is a great timeline - have you confirmed that with your neighbors that have used the same PB?
Look at the payment schedule in the contract. Suggest you hold back 10% until final completion of all
I did recheck the skimmer quantity - and we do have 2.
Also we do have a water feature pump - read through the equipment list again.
Also talked to the PB about automation - he's including it into the price.

I did recheck the skimmer quantity - and we do have 2.
Also we do have a water feature pump - read through the equipment list again.
Also talked to the PB about automation - he's including it into the price.
OK great that you have a water feature pump. That takes some of the load off of the SuperFlo VS pump.
When the PB tells what automation system, please post it back to the forum as there are many different variations and versions. Some you may want to avoid.
Best of Luck.

Getting ready to build first pool in Cypress, TX.
Narrowed it down to one builder.
He's done several in the subdivision and one neighbor who had good things to say.

Pool Dimensions:
29' x 17' Geometric pool
Pool Depth: 3.6' - 6'
Tanning Ledge with umbrella holders
Estimated time of completion - 35 days
StoneScapes Pebble and Quartzscapes included

Pentair valves
Filter: Pentair 420 Clean and Clear
Main Pump: Pentair Superflo VSP
Pool Cleaner: Pentair Prowler 920
Heater: Mastertemp 400,000 BTU Natural gas
Chlorinator PowerClean 3" Tab
4 LED Lights
8 Spa Jets
Spa Blower: 2HP Silencer

Spa is 7' x 7' and raised 12"

Pool Cost $65k
Outdoor Bathroom 6'x8' with toilet, sink, shower $16k

Thanks for reading...
Would you mind sharing what company you went with? I’m in the Woodlands area and would like to get a quote from them! I just joined the page and do not see a message feature. Let me know if there is one and you can message me if you do not want to put it on this page. I would also like to provide your information if there is a referral benefit. Thanks!

That’s a really good price; I’m a little jealous. I’m building a similar pool (~10% larger) in SW Louisiana and paying around the same price for your pool + bathroom combined.

35 days is a quick timeline relative to a lot of stories I’m seeing on TFP. However, it is doable - I’m on day 32 and we are filling with water today.

Reactions: Gladius Nova

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.