New pump now! max 35c temp also?

YonnyPiscinas

Jan 10, 2020
Uruguay - SA
Since we moved into our new house with the existing pool we've spent quite a bit on the equipment so far.

Now the pump had to be changed. Looks like the 10 years the owner had it up and running was lucky.
First week I moved in the multivalve port broke. First expense. Then a ton of salt as the SWG was not working due to the pool having almost zero salt!!
Then we spent quite a bit on a semi-rigid cover and solar collectors.

This week the water seal on the pump shaft starting leaking and was getting progressively worse each day!
I had noticed other parts on the pump had been repaired so was time for the trash.

New pump purchased and installed in 20 mins.

The SWG cell is 10 years old so I guess that will let go soon. Although the previous owner only had the pump on 3 hours a day so seems to be working very well still. Loads of chlorine being produced. I have the pump on 8 hours for the solar collectors. SWG turned down to almost min setting.

Would have loved a variable speed pump but unfortunately, they don't import any of those to Uruguay! You guys are lucky in the states.
Just a bog standard 0.5hp single speed. :(

Thanks

One thing that surprised me with the new pump is that it says the max temp of water should not be more than 35c! Seems unusually low to me.

Really the materials inside the pump cannot handle temps higher than 35C?
My pool is running at this limit right now due to the solar collectors. 33-36c most days.

If you have a hot spa this is no good then.

I'm thinking I should take this with a grain of salt. Not really take it that seriously. Surely it would be ok with temps up to 40c?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.