New Product: Hayward OmniPL HLBPLUS4W and HLBPRO4SW

Has anyone picked this up recently? I'm ready to spring for it but it seems removed from polytecpools and I can't find it anywhere. Even the local installer has been weeks without getting back with news.
apparently they are really hard to get. my builder was able to find one for me its sitting in my backyard right now (in a box) waiting to be hooked up. he said he had to drive 45 min to pick it from a supplier he never uses and they only had 1 .He also said that was the only panel he found in whole New york state, not sure if thats true. he is no BS guy so i beleive that. when i was calling around to find one few weeks ago, no one had one. the only way to buy one is thru a hayward dealer, consumers cant buy them . that's what polytecpools told me and they are back ordered, wont be available till summer. Good LuckIMG_6265.JPG

Last edited:
Anyone know the price difference between the Omnlogic and OmniPL? My builder is offering me the Omnilogic for my build, but I asked to replace it with the OmniPL and he said he will do it and my price didn't change.
he is ripping you off . omnipl is lot cheaper but very hard to get.

Reactions: revstrikerTX
he is ripping you off . omnipl is lot cheaper but very hard to get.
Out of curiosity what is the difference between this and the omni logic HLBASE? I was getting prices on that around $1500.00, but it would have to be local pickup.

Been gone for awhile with the big winter freeze and remodeling the house etc. What I have come to learn is that my builder installed the wrong (120v) lights and I don't get the proper functionality. PB is not answering calls at all or replying to emails, and Hayward says not their problem. Hayward is offering to allow me to purchase the correct (12v) lights and transformer at a reduced cost of about $1200. Does anyone here know how I would go about installing these? I know the mechanics of the job and have no issue with getting the wires pulled and the lights installed, but have no idea of the transformer and wiring.

know the mechanics of the job and have no issue with getting the wires pulled and the lights installed, but have no idea of the transformer and wiring.
Describe your current pool light wiring.

Does the 120V for the pool light go form a relay int he Omni PL to a light junction box and then connect at the junction box with the light in the pool?

So you go 120V from the Omni PL relay to the transformer and then 12V wiring to the junction box and connect to the light in the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Describe your current pool light wiring.

Does the 120V for the pool light go form a relay int he Omni PL to a light junction box and then connect at the junction box with the light in the pool?

So you go 120V from the Omni PL relay to the transformer and then 12V wiring to the junction box and connect to the light in the pool.
Right now it goes from the pool light into a junction box and from there it goes into the PL panel. I am not sure how it is wired into the PL, but can run down and take a pic in a few minutes.

Right now it goes from the pool light into a junction box and from there it goes into the PL panel. I am not sure how it is wired into the PL, but can run down and take a pic in a few minutes.

If you are switching from a 120V light to a 12V light then the connections from each light go into the junction, then from the junction instead of going into the panel they go into your 300W transformer (they connect to the 12-14v output side.
The power that comes from the panel now would go directly into the transformer (the input side).

So 120V -> transformer -> 12-14V out go to the new 12V lights (via their junction box) You should be able to run at least 3 lights from one 300W transformer.

I am actually in the process of doing exactly this now, since my pool company sold me incompatible lights.

I am actually in the process of doing exactly this now, since my pool company sold me incompatible lights
This seems to be a problem with builders not knowing what they are supposed to install, and Hayward not caring enough to educate their dealers or backup their product advertising. Hopefully you were at least able to get a discounted price on the replacement equipment.

From your description it sounds like the transformer will be an additional piece of equipment mounted on the outside of the PL unit, correct? I was thinking of a small part needing to be added internally, but this makes sense. Have you found any wiring diagram, or is this just something you have to figure out on your own?

It is against code to have high voltage and low voltage in the same conduit or box.

Mount the transformer above the junction box. Run the conduit that contains the AC line from your Omni panel and now runs into the junction box into the transformer. Then run a conduit from the transformer to the box for the low voltage wire.

Now the junction box has only low voltage wiring and you connect together the wires from the lights with the wire to the transformer low voltage.

j-box2-jpg.331904

It is against code to have high voltage and low voltage in the same conduit or box.

Mount the transformer above the junction box. Run the conduit that contains the AC line from your Omni panel and now runs into the junction box into the transformer. Then run a conduit from the transformer to the box for the low voltage wire.

Now the junction box has only low voltage wiring and you connect together the wires from the lights with the wire to the transformer low voltage.
That will be easy enough, I can handle mounting the additional hardware for the transformer and re routing the conduit. Is the wiring pretty self explanatory, or is there a wiring diagram available somewhere? Once I rewire it what all will I need to go through to get the new lights setup and programed in the system to work properly with all the functions of the OmniDirect ?

That will be easy enough, I can handle mounting the additional hardware for the transformer and re routing the conduit. Is the wiring pretty self explanatory, or is there a wiring diagram available somewhere?

What directions are int he transformer installation manual or light installation manual?

AC wiring and 12V wiring is pretty straightforward.

Once I rewire it what all will I need to go through to get the new lights setup and programed in the system to work properly with all the functions of the OmniDirect ?

You just said "Hayward is offering to allow me to purchase the correct (12v) lights and transformer" with no specif model light. Look in the Omni PL manual or light Manual for programming instructions.

I finally got my hands on an OmniPL, should be here next week. Going to take a crack at a self install, seems pretty straightforward.

Will be very interesting to convert my current pool panel board from 4 separate boxes into essentially one (Breaker box main > Electrical box #2 (houses a Self-Test Blank Face GFCI Outlet > Light Switch for pool lights and a power outlet) > SWG > Intermatic Pool Timer)

Very much looking forward to having proper automation, hardwired via ethernet. I spent a few years trying to make it all work with Z-Wave but proved to be too unreliable

Will post updates with my progress

I finally got my hands on an OmniPL, should be here next week. Going to take a crack at a self install, seems pretty straightforward.

Will be very interesting to convert my current pool panel board from 4 separate boxes into essentially one (Breaker box main > Electrical box #2 (houses a Self-Test Blank Face GFCI Outlet > Light Switch for pool lights and a power outlet) > SWG > Intermatic Pool Timer)

Very much looking forward to having proper automation, hardwired via ethernet. I spent a few years trying to make it all work with Z-Wave but proved to be too unreliable

Will post updates with my progress
Wifi on OmniPL works very well. I ran a CAT6 but ended up using wifi for now. I only wish there was a way to plug cat6 into the main unit but cat 6 goes into the small handheld controller. MY PB installed the panel for me but everything its staright fwd and could be installed yourself. I personally think OmniPL is a great design and a good price point . app works really well. Good Luck.

I just picked up the HLBASE OMNI and also plan on doing a self install. Couldn’t find the pl anywhere.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.