New Pool with fresh water fill

Jul 27, 2018
Blanchard
As the title suggests I have set up a new ABG with well water, details in signature. I am working on balancing it now but do not know what my next step is. The FC and CYA of course are 0 the TA was 330 (I am adding Muratic acid per instructions I have found on here), PH was 7.2 which I know will drop but I plan on aerating to bring it back up after acid. I have pool shock and 3in chlorine tabs to use when needed but what else do I need to get my pool swimmer ready??

Do not add acid to try to lower the TA to a given number. Only add acid to lower the pH to 7-7.2. You do not want the pH to go lower than that.
Also, the TA is really the last thing to even consider worrying about.

You want to get the CYA up to at least 30ppm and then maintain the FC above the minimum for your CYA at all times according to the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

I have no idea what "pool shock" is ... that could mean about 10 different chemicals.

- - - Updated - - -

The water is "swim" ready about 30 minutes after you get some chlorine in it.

I am guessing pool store testing and number... if so; we highly recommend the TF100 kit or the Taylor 2006

I can tell you using the voice of experience that the $100 you spend on this test kit will save you at least 5 trips at $100, $1,000? at the pool store, since you will be shopping at Walmart/HomeDepot/Lowes/SaveMart... anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.