New Pool - What to buy?

pmsmith2032 said:
Actually, I just checked with the store and it would be a 2HP Hayward Matrix two speed (not a 1.5 HP) and would be an additional $120. What is the low speed on the 2HP and is it worth the $120? Should I just stick with the 1HP Hayward Swimpro single speed?

pm...I love my 2 hp...I wish I had it in a two speed...but like I said, if you plan on using solar panels or the like, it is nice to have the extra power. And even though the 2 hp is generally used for inground pools, it is nice to have it turn my pool over so many times per 12 hour period. I have never had a problem with my pool being dirty or getting algae...Does the 2 hp two speed come with a timer as well?

WTexasLonghorn said:
I have found some excellent deals on national pool wholesalers website. It sounds like I'm on the right track! Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time on this site!

The site with all the answers...it may take some time but someone will answer your questions.
By the way Welcome...

Buying a pool on line is a great way to go if you are looking to get a deal and install the pool yourself. But if you have never installed a pool it can be quite a task. Depending on where you live, you can plan on spending $1500 or more for installation and electric and gas hookups, and permits if you need them and other building supplies for an above ground pool. don't forget to budget for that. :cheers:

I am keeping my fingers crossed, and found just as many good reviews as bad on the National pool wholesaler website. I ordered it with a card just to have some sort of insurance that they would follow through. I have received a bill of lading, and I am hoping to receive the pool tomorrow. It is interesting to read all of the experiences people had when this company was just getting started. Hopefully all will be well! We should be getting the install next WEEK!! Wish me luck! I will be installed the hayward aquatrol-rj system with the pool!

Got the package today, 800 pounds of pool parts! Here is what I ordered,
24' Trevi full Resin with eight inch top rails Trevi 222. (52" wall)
22" waterway sand filter, with 1.5 hp 2 speed pump
Aquarium print beaded liner with bead track
Armor shield for under the liner
All the above was 2400 shipped and delivered.
I found the Hayward aquatrol RJ kit on another website for 428 shipped.

After the install which is 980 for PVC plumbed in, 3800 so I'm coming in at a good price I think. Once we get it up and running I will post pics!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WTexasLonghorn said:
Got the package today, 800 pounds of pool parts! Here is what I ordered,
24' Trevi full Resin with eight inch top rails Trevi 222. (52" wall)
22" waterway sand filter, with 1.5 hp 2 speed pump
Aquarium print beaded liner with bead track
Armor shield for under the liner
All the above was 2400 shipped and delivered.
I found the Hayward aquatrol RJ kit on another website for 428 shipped.

After the install which is 980 for PVC plumbed in, 3800 so I'm coming in at a good price I think. Once we get it up and running I will post pics!

So far you are looking good price wise. What is it costing to run electric for the pump and other equipment? gas for heater? Or no heater? I would say you got a pretty good deal going on right now.

No heater, we live in central Georgia, so not much need for a heater around here:) We were in the process of building a detached garage, with electric running from the panel in our attached garage. So the electrician ran a line down to the pool from a dedicated circuit in the new detached garage. The cost for all of the electrical installed for the garage and the pool outlet was 850. That is with flood lights on the backside of the new garage aimed down at the pool for good night lights!

This is before the deck, we are working on getting the fence completed. After that we will start the deck. We have a temporary ladder and a set of wedding cake steps that will be permanent, and attached to the deck when it is built.[attachment=2:3nlteafx]photo 1-1.jpg[/attachment:3nlteafx]

Waterway pump and Hayward Goldline aquatrol system, cover and housing to be built later this month.
[attachment=1:3nlteafx]photo 2-1.jpeg[/attachment:3nlteafx]

Resin edges and crystal clear water, after doing nothing but add the stabilizing chemicals and running the aquatrol for the last month.
[attachment=0:3nlteafx]photo 3-1.jpg[/attachment:3nlteafx]

Attachments

• photo 1-1.jpg
    photo 1-1.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 115
  • photo 2-1.jpeg
    photo 2-1.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 111
  • photo 3-1.jpg
    photo 3-1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 113
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.