New Pool, Very Bad Problems PICTURES

Meow, my personal guess is just that -- a guess...but a one-time MA level treatment on a liner that's in decent condition (yours is new) isn't likely to impact the integrity of your liner, particularly when performed by someone paying attention to testing parameters, including cya, which buffers the chlorine.

There are folks who blindly dump powdered shock into imbalanced pools and old liners regularly without major damage.

My vinyl liner sat with crashed ph for two years as a foreclosure, and I got another five years out of it before the wear became aesthetically displeasing to me - for a total of 15 years ;)

The SLAM values of TFP are actually much less aggressive (but consistent and comparatively precise, which is key) than the treatment approaches used by many pool techs in recovery scenarios.

Time and sun have as much to do with liner wear as chlorine. Super low ph (eg under 7) will reduce preservation of the vinyl components moreso, IMHO.

So no worries ;)

UPDATE:
pH: 7.5
FC: 20
CC: 0
CYA: 50
TA: 100 (dropped 10 from adjusting pH, will have to watch this accordingly)

QUESTIONS:

1. I read it is safe to swim in this FC 20 slam range, but I assume it is a no-no at the mustard slam range?
2. I may not have time to remove light and ladder tonight. Keep at regular slam and THEN mustard slam tomorrow for 24 hrs after these two items are cleaned?

1. I would avoid swimming when at mustard shock levels. It wouldn't make you ill (if you're not drinking it), but it will be uncomfortable on the eyes & nose, and harsh on your skin & swimsuit.

2. Has the pool met all three criteria to end the standard SLAM? That is when you raise to mustard shock & hold for 24 hours.

1. I was wondering more about hair. Mine isn't color-treated, but I'd rather it not get bleached, become straw, and brittle. Haha
2. I've passed the (3) slam criteria. Clear, no cc, and passed oclt. Wanted to at least get a little swim time in today (since it has been almost a week, and the addiction is making me have withdrawals) and start the 24hr mustard slam starting tonight through tomorrow. Think this plan would be OK?

Please HELP, running out of time!! My husband will NOT let me take the Hayward 4.0 lED Colorlogic lights out to clean for Mustard algae. I know you can because I've read it here and showed him threads, but he says NO because of a Hayward site he read.
I was going to turn off the breaker, check the lines for power, try the light to see if it comes on, tag out the breaker and switch. Then use screwdriver and remove cover, hopefully there is enough wire to set it on the pool deck... then clean.
Is this OK!?!?!?!!!

Yes, its fine to remove the light fixture from the niche to clean behind it.
There is only 1 screw at the 12 o clock position that you need to remove. Then the light fixture just comes right out.

You dont need to take the cover off of the light fixture. You only do that if the bulb needs replacing.

Hint, replace the crappy phillips head screw with a stainless steel socket head screw. (the type you need an allen wrench for). The phillips head screws are prone to stripping and when they do, they are a Gigantic Pain to get out. You will never have that problem with a socket head screw

Thanks DivinDave! I received an email reply and showed it to him. He relented that I was correct (that TFP was correct). All went well and wow there was a lot of algae in there! Since this discovery, will keep regular slam until tomorrow. I did have him pour bleach to the side as I was cleaning, then started everything back up and have pump on 4.
Start another oclt test tonight. There is NOTHING left in the pool (took ladder out for the season).
Other than bodies, it hasn't gone below FC20 for 6 days. Start another major mustard slam tomorrow at 27+

I'm filling up a tub of bleach in the house and cleaning all the floats and stuff. It truly feels like we have bird mites the way I've had to clean EVERYTHING.

That cat to the left will not be smiling this week. He has to go to the groomer. Don't let his laugh dissuade you... he is nasty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.