New Pool Vacuum Needed 🎁🎈🎉

dash

May 14, 2017
Tempe, Arizona
Yesterday I took in my 2009 Hayward pool vacuum for repairs to my trusted local pool store. They have informed me that repairs will be around $200.
I asked how much a new vacuum would be, since it seems that I have needed repairs every 4-6 months.
He said I could buy a new Hayward vacuum for about $400, which also has a $100 rebate. So, I'd only spend $300 for a new vacuum.

Now I'm searching Amazon and here on TFP to figure out the best type of pool vacuum.
On Amazon, I found "XtremepowerUS 75037 Climb Wall Pool Cleaner Automatic Suction Vacuum", which is $84, and thousands of positive reviews.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

• hayward_OLD.jpg
    hayward_OLD.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2
  • xtreme_MAYBE.jpg
    xtreme_MAYBE.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 2
I think most experts on TFP will recommend some type of pool "robot", you can read more about the different kinds of pool cleaners here. The robots tend to be more than the suction side cleaners though. If you want to stick with a suction side the Poolvergnuegen seems to be the best one. Hayward bought them out a while back and took the design and made a bunch of different cleaners with it. I've heard you can sometimes get a poolvergneugen designed hayward for cheaper at a pool store, but i'd shop around first.

I bought a new poolvergneugen last year and I wish I just spent the money on a robot. Main reason is that I have a hard time keeping my VS pump on a lower RPM, while also powering the skimmer (forget about 2 skimmers), and the vacuum. Not sure what your plumbing configuration is, but something to keep in mind.

I'm not experienced enough to recommend a robot, perhaps someone else can chime in?

A basic robot like the Maytronics S200 is typically all you need to efficiently clean your pool. If you currently have a single speed pump, you can run it much less and dramatically lower your electric usage.

Great advice, thanks everybody.
I originally was planning to purchase a new suction cleaner, but now I'm looking at all these robot cleaners. o_O
My pool isn't huge, so I'm leaning toward a simple suction cleaner. I'll keep you posted on what I buy and how it goes.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.