New pool, ugly wrinkled corners

LadyKate

Silver Supporter
May 17, 2018
Eagan, MN
My friend just had a rectangular pool built and the corners on two sides look awful in my opinion. Is this something she should have the builder redo / fix? She isn’t sure, it’s her first pool. I’m not sure because my pool has rounded corners. Her new pool has closer to 90 degree corners and a set of steps running the width of the pool where these corners are. Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 7BF98035-4972-4C38-B954-183071FEEB68.jpeg
    7BF98035-4972-4C38-B954-183071FEEB68.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 75D29276-E8F2-48B7-9D17-CDD6CAF619B5.jpeg
    75D29276-E8F2-48B7-9D17-CDD6CAF619B5.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 127
I think they measured incorrectly or went off the specs for the pool build and everything was off a bit on the actual build and it shows up in the liner. There is only 3-4 inches of water on the top step but it seems to me the liner should have been made to account for that so the corners would be smooth.

Thanks! The installers told her to put Velcro behind the liner to snug it against the wall. 😳. I told her there way no way that would fix the problem and I suspected that the liner had been cut wrong. I appreciate the feedback. Is this a problem with doing the more squared off corners or just a bad installer?

My pool Liner was just installed last week on my new IG pool. I had the opposite problem as on the corners and edges of the pool floor, some areas have air gaps between the liner and the wall. I am worried stepping/ toy on it the wrong way would rip the liner.

Believe it or not a tight fitting liner is actually a good thing. At least better than loose. Mine had even stretched the liner pattern a bit in the shallow end as I filled it first time. Going on 5 years with no issues or popping out of track.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.