Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Finally pulled trigger and signed a contract on new inground pool. We got several bids and the lowest one quoted the largest pump/filter combo ( I was thrilled). Now after more research I'm wondering if it's too big. Would the cost savings of going smaller outweigh the benefit of running a larger VS pump at a lower RPM. Let me know what you guys think: pool will be approx 9,500 gallon freeform with 4 returns, 2 skimmers and a bubbler on tanning ledge. Equipment quoted, Jandy 2.7 HP PlusHP VS pump, Jandy 460 cartridge CV and Jandy Truclear Salt System. Equipment will be 25' from pool.

Welcome to TFP :)

Those are perfect sized equipment except the SWG is puny but it will work.. .93 pounds per day you will have to run your pump almost 20 hours to keep up... I would recommend a Circupool Edge 40 1.7 pounds per day that you can run 4 to 8 hours a day and be good to go... It will need to be connected to automation or a timer but that's easy for them... I love me some SJ basic model no frills just works, the SJ 40 or 55 would work great :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.