New pool - tile grout is not good.

Proud2btxn

Aug 15, 2022
Hidden hills
Moved from here.
I feel you’re pain, i have a similar issue, but different. New pool completed 8/10/22. Between tiles and on some tiles in patchy areas looks to be black grout. Looks dirty but but not dirt. It looks to be dried on grout that was not wiped off? If anyone can pinpoint what the heck this is that would be great. This is in patchy spots all over the tile.

Attachments

• 0846B205-3F49-420C-A955-F268ED7BC54F.jpeg
    0846B205-3F49-420C-A955-F268ED7BC54F.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum.

The black areas look like no grout? Or was the grout supposed to be black? For that type of tile, an epoxy grout should have been used.

Reactions: Proud2btxn
Welcome to the forum.

The black areas look like no grout? Or was the grout supposed to be black? For that type of tile, an epoxy grout should have been used.
The grout was supposed to be light gray….Thank you so much, I believe you are correct it’s like it’s missing grout. That would be instep with how this whole project has gone. Thank you for the info, it is really appreciated, thanks again! Now, I’m wondering how I get the tile rectified because this pool is brand new and the tile looks awful if you have any suggestions, they are welcome and much appreciated!

Good luck with your contractor issue.
Thank you. I am definitely not looking forward to dealing with him. It has not been a easy or professional experience getting our pool replastered and new tile work. There are many other issues that came to the surface over the 3 weeks of construction. Our pump and filter still are inoperable, they trashed our property with piles of cement, poured concrete in our new landscaping, and that is just the mild stuff….if you have any suggestions on remedy procedure I would love to hear it. We have held back q 1/3 of what is owed and some things we negotiated are still not being fulfilled even though they were agreed to for final payment. I will never do this again, it’s to hard to find people who are willing to perform their jobs in a manner that is customary and professional. Thanks-

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.