New Pool this Summer Traces of Algae Forming

Mar 31, 2018
Phoenix/AZ
Hello,

Just finishing up Summer here in Phoenix. A Couple of weeks back after work travel I notices the pool was a bit cloudy and on the walls there was green Algae starting for form. I shocked the pool with 2-3 (I cant remember now) of liquid chlorine and gave it a good sweep. Seemed to be fine for the last couple weeks of summer.

This week I am noticing the formation of the green algae again so I busted out the TF100 for it's maiden voyage today. Results below:
FC 4.5
CC 0.5 ; TC 5.0
TA 100-110
CH (hardest test for me) 550-600 I did this twice hence the range
CYA 60-62

I have read through the pool school materials a couple time and that calculator is a bit beyond my comprehension at the moment. So wanted to get your thoughts.

Thanks,

FC level is too low since your CYA is 60. Your FC should be double that or around 9 daily.

Do a SLAM and since you caught it early it should clear up quickly, but act fast. Then going forward keep your FC at least a minimum of 9 since you travel. I would aim for 10 if I was you since it is cheaper to have a bit too much FC than it is to go low.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.