New pool SWG - Jandy Aquapure (FC Levels?

Bauer600

Sep 12, 2020
Fort Worth
How is one getting the FC levels to 4 or 5 with a SWG? We just had our new build converted yesterday and FC levels are at 1.8 at 85% output with the Jandy Aquapure PLC 1400. Tested with a Taylor K-2006c kit

TA - 90
CYA - 30 (Just had about 1 1/2 days of rainfall.
FC - 1.8
PH - 8.0 (just put dry acid in it to bring it down)

It is always best to use Liquid Chlorine (LC) to significantly raise your FC level then set your SWCG to maintain it. So for example bring it up to 5ppm and if you are losing 2ppm per day due to UV and bather load, then set your SWCG to generate 2ppm throughout the day to offset your daily loss.

There is also a boost mode on a SWCG but again, if you can use LC it is quicker.

If you have a SWCG, you should target your CYA to min. 60. But bring it up slowly as it takes several days to show on your CYA test.

(just put dry acid in it to bring it down)

B,

I agree with Herman.. Salt cells are made to maintain an FC level, not to go from zero to 5 ppm overnight.. Use Liquid Chlorine for any large FC changes..

We never recommend dry acid.. It can damage your SWCG..

I suggest that you use liquid Muriatic Acid.. that you can get at one of the big box stores..

Tell has how big your pool is in gallons??

Tell us how long your run your pump each day??

Thanks,

Jim R.

B,

I agree with Herman.. Salt cells are made to maintain an FC level, not to go from zero to 5 ppm overnight.. Use Liquid Chlorine for any large FC changes..

We never recommend dry acid.. It can damage your SWCG..

I suggest that you use liquid Muriatic Acid.. that you can get at one of the big box stores..

Tell has how big your pool is in gallons??

Tell us how long your run your pump each day??

Thanks,

Jim R.
We're about 18,000 Gallons and running the pump for about 10 hours currently. Brand new pool w/ Wet edge pebble on July 7th. I'll definitely start using Muriatic acid in the future. Original PB left a handle of stabilizer that I still have a bit left of.

An 18000 gallon pool, with the SWCG on 10 hours per day, if at 100%, would be barely enough to replace loss of FC per day at a CYA of 70 during mid summer. We are assuming the SWCG is an Aquapure 1400.

Raise your CYA. Set the SWCG to generate 4 ppm FC per day and then adjust as necessary to keep the FC in the target range based on the CYA.

B,

Your cell, in your pool, will add about .375 ppm of FC per hour, when the cell is run at 100% output. So 10 hours (at 100% ) would give you 3.75 ppm of FC... but that is at 100% output..

What kind of pump do you have? If a single speed pump, then you want to run the cell at 100% output and the pump for the shortest amount of time it takes to make the chlorine your pool needs.

If you have a VS pump, like I do, then you want to run the cell at a lower output and the pump longer... I run my 3 HP IntelliFlo VS pump 24/7, mostly at 1200 RPM.. This allows me to make a little chlorine all the time and skim all the time.. My electric cost to run 24/7 is less than $20 bucks a month..

Thanks,

Jim R.

B,

Your cell, in your pool, will add about .375 ppm of FC per hour, when the cell is run at 100% output. So 10 hours (at 100% ) would give you 3.75 ppm of FC... but that is at 100% output..

What kind of pump do you have? If a single speed pump, then you want to run the cell at 100% output and the pump for the shortest amount of time it takes to make the chlorine your pool needs.

If you have a VS pump, like I do, then you want to run the cell at a lower output and the pump longer... I run my 3 HP IntelliFlo VS pump 24/7, mostly at 1200 RPM.. This allows me to make a little chlorine all the time and skim all the time.. My electric cost to run 24/7 is less than $20 bucks a month..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim

We have a Jandy Variable Speed E-Pump (Currently running at 2,000 RPM) I checked the FC level just now and were at about 4.4-4.6 (Pump ran overnight) CYA seems to be between 55-60 as well. I didn't add any stabilizer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.