New pool - SWaG now or in spring

Aug 13, 2018
Augusta/Kansas
Just got water in new pool. I think they will be hooking up all equipment this week. I plan
ti do a self install of AQR15.

Question. Since I will be closing in 30-45 days should I commission pool as chlorine and switch in spring or go salt now as pool comes on line?

Questiin: How long with water in pool and no pump or chemicals before I get algae? Supposed to rain all week here (Kansas) so not sure they will get me going.

Thanks

21,000 gallons, vinyl, Hayward Tristar VS 1.85hp, Hayward sand filter, TF100 test kit, M400 cleaner, Meyco rugged mesh cover, AQR15 (coming soon)

Did water come from municipal supply that has some CL? Then maybe 2 days. I would add CL daily and stir water with pole or submersible pump.

Might as well add your salt and get your SWG going. Also add your CYA.

Was from city water. Concrete went in yesterday so will test water today. Water is not full yet as they need to cut in the skimmers and return jets. They won’t be back until Tuesday if weather allows. Water should be fairly cold. Haven’t bought SWG so was thinks by same thing about warranty. Going to have electrician get everything ready for it.

Here is a recent post hinting that the cost of SWG cells may be on the rise. This may help in your decision-making process.
Salt Cell Price increases

And if you go back to historical pricing and costs of those items they don't relate to each other in any significant way. I just bought a new cell and it was cheaper than I've seen in quite a while.

I wouldn't bother with buying a new cell and not using it as the warranty will not be used. I have replaced 5 cells under warranty with the couple of brands that I have used so far. There is no way I would ever buy a cell and not use it right away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.