New Pool Startup. What order should I address?

DreamFamof4

Gold Supporter
Nov 7, 2018
Michigan
Hello,

New plaster pool just filled yesterday and pump startup today. PB dumped some calcium, muriatic acid and a floater full of chlorine tabs in the pool and took off this morning. I just tested water for first time and with the new plaster I’m concerned about the low CH and high pH. How closely should I monitor this with it being new plaster? Day to day is fine or couple times a day? I know they do this all the time but this is my pool and I want to make sure the plaster cures as best it can. I should be sharing my test results but I can paste them in if needed.

Thanks !!

A lot is dependent on how your pool builder starts up pools, which you may need to follow for warranty purposes.
Check out:

Yeah I read through that and they aren’t telling me to do anything. Nothing about brushing and they are talking about putting the pressure cleaner in in a day or two. That is what started making me nervous. They said not to worry they will take care of it but no one has been around to even brush. I’m sure they are doing a normal startup as they haven’t dumped anywhere near enough acid to be an acid startup and no bicarb. Sound like I need to have a talk with them tomorrow and see what their plan is.

Thanks!

Sounds typical. When I had my pebble installed I had to pay for a company to do the startup for the first two months as a requirement for the warranty and I swear they never did anything

Thank you. That is something that would be good to have in the Start-Up New plaster guide. The PB did email and say he was going to be over in the morning to run some tests and take care of chemicals. I guess I will see where he goes from there.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.