New pool startup questions

nahuzeqa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked my CYA today. I put the panty hose in the pool Friday last week. It didn't all dissolve from the panty hose until Saturday afternoon. I got a reading today that was about half way between 20 and 30. Was it a bit to early to check it today? I know everything says to wait 1 week for a true reading but I wanted to see where I was at.

Enjoy the pool! Last year was my first and the kids missed it so bad over the winter that they jumped in today! 60 deg! I'm in NJ. If you follow the recommendations on here and have a good cover, you should have an easy job at opening time. Took me only 4 days to get it cleaned and water balanced. I expected 1-2 weeks.

I checked my CYA today. I put the panty hose in the pool Friday last week. It didn't all dissolve from the panty hose until Saturday afternoon. I got a reading today that was about half way between 20 and 30. Was it a bit to early to check it today? I know everything says to wait 1 week for a true reading but I wanted to see where I was at.

It could be too early to get a true reading. Hard to say. Try it again on Saturday and that should be long enough for a true reading. At some point I would get it to 40. Does the pool get a good bit of sun ? ?

The pool gets a solid 8-9 hours of full sun a day. Then the house starts to put a shadow on it. Probably takes another hour or two in partial sunlight after that as the shadow slowly creeps across and put the whole pool in shadow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SWEET!

Is it me, my screen, eyes... but the deep end looks cloudy... :scratch:

Might actually be the brightness of the light and my phone trying to take the picture. Think it was having a difficult time trying to focus from the glare. I can see straight to the bottom when I look in.

Could be... I know when I was trying to video my new night light on my pool I had to change the setting on my camera. Thanks for clearing that up... (no pun intended) :mrgreen:

Passed the OCLT. ?
And of course my awesome $2 pressure gauge is now starting to stick. Just ordered a good one. Not going to replace these cheap ones all the time.

Good to hear !! You did a good job Task ? Give yourself a pat on the back.
Keep that FC in range for your CYA and enjoy the swim season ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.