New pool startup Jandy EPump rpm settings.

cmattp

May 6, 2021
Frisco/Texas
I just went through pool school with the pool tech and his recommended rpm settings for the vsp was 2500 in pool filtration mode, 3250 in spa mode, 2950 in cleaner mode. The Polaris quattro cleaner has its own booster pump. I feel these settings are too high. I dropped the filtration pool mode down to 1500rpm but noticed the filter psi gauge dropped from about 8 all the way to 0 so I’m unaware if the water is being filtered. Can anyone give me some baseline rpm ranges to start with? The pool is about 16550 gallons. Wattage at 2500rpm is around 750. Pool was started up 13 days ago.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You can keep that rpm low, no problem. Basic water circulation is all you need with the exception of times you simply want a stronger flow or purge some air out of the pump pot. Examples to run higher would be adding chemicals, running auxiliary equipment, etc. I would say anywhere in that 1200 - 1400 range should be fine when you're just moving water to the skimmer. It is normal for the psi gauge to fall to zero (or close to it) when on a very low rpm. By the way, if anyone should mention pool water turnover, it has no bearing either. Congrats on the new oasis. :swim:

I've been using 1200 RPM as a low mode in my pool. I do not find it moves much water to the skimmer at that rate. I may need to balance my main drain and skimmer lines a little better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.