New Pool Pump Noise

How old is the pump?

W the breaker turned off, open the pump basked and see if he impeller spins freely...if it doesn't, something could be around the shaft - if not, and it spins and it is lopsided, then that's the problem, or as poolguy stated, it's the bearings...

maybe poolguy can answer this, but if you are mechanically inclined, can you pull the motor and take it to a shop that can replace the bearings? If not, you have these options:

1. call jandy and plead your case for a deal on new motor
2. call a jandy authorized company and take to them to fix, and ask for a price ahead of time to diagnose and to fix once identified
3. compare costs and risks to fixing as to getting a Pentair as suggested

good luck, and yes, it's a real pita to buy something new and have it crater like that...sorry

More,

Did you ask whoever you purchased the pump from if they offer support?

Do a search on your make/model pump and look at all the critical reviews and why?...Poolguy said that line was "notorious for bearing failures". If that's the cause,. I guess you would need to know if you replaced the bearings, are the bearing replacements better than the OEM ones installed?

The worse thing about this is all the negative cycle time you spend on dealing w the matter. Might be a case to also move on to another pump and part out your pump on ebay. Again, sorry you're having to deal w this

I emailed the place I bought from. They only take returns new and with a 15% restock fee or replace if shipping damage. They won't replace. I installed this pump because it is a exact plumbing match (All Jandy Stealth pumps). My plumbing looks a little tedious to reroute.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.