• Finished Spa.jpg
    Finished Spa.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 310
  • Finished Full View.jpg
    Finished Full View.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 311
Day 7 - Electrical install complete.

[attachment=1:3q0zgk1b]Electric.jpg[/attachment:3q0zgk1b]

Oh, and I got my TF-100 Test kit with magnetic Stirrer and Saltwater Test strips in the mail today :) I followed someone's advise on this forum to get it before the water goes in, so when it does, I am ready to go ;-)

[attachment=0:3q0zgk1b]Test Kit.jpg[/attachment:3q0zgk1b]

if we are lucky, coping and tile goes in tomorrow. crossing our fingers. :whoot:

Attachments

• Electric.jpg
    Electric.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Test Kit.jpg
    Test Kit.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 257
Looking good. When I built my pool last year I was surprised at how few days of work actually go into building the pool. I think you need to allow for the gunite to cure, but barring that you could build a gunite pool in about ten days if you had the subs lined up and ready to go (and assuming no huge delay with inspections). In my case they dug the hole and installed the re-bar in one day. They stub-plumbed it in a half day. The gunite took a half day. Tile and coping took a half day. Installing the equipment took about two hours and the electrical took a half day to a day. The plaster took a half day and our decking took a couple of days.

HouTex said:
Looking good. When I built my pool last year I was surprised at how few days of work actually go into building the pool. I think you need to allow for the gunite to cure, but barring that you could build a gunite pool in about ten days if you had the subs lined up and ready to go (and assuming no huge delay with inspections). In my case they dug the hole and installed the re-bar in one day. They stub-plumbed it in a half day. The gunite took a half day. Tile and coping took a half day. Installing the equipment took about two hours and the electrical took a half day to a day. The plaster took a half day and our decking took a couple of days.

They are crazy to do it this way but I have seen 7 day builds, dig on Friday, and the next Friday they are swimming while landscapers are putting plants in beds. Gunite pool no less! I wonder how much they compromised the strength of the gunite.

Re-reading my post I did not mean to suggest that my pool was completed that quickly. I was simply noting the short amount of time it took to complete the individual tasks.

It took four months for my pool to be finished because my PB was extremely slow and he eventually walked the job and I had to complete the pool myself. Nothing happened for about two months while I waited for him to try to finish the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
HouTex said:
Re-reading my post I did not mean to suggest that my pool was completed that quickly. I was simply noting the short amount of time it took to complete the individual tasks.

Makes perfect sense. :)

HouTex said:
It took four months for my pool to be finished because my PB was extremely slow and he eventually walked the job and I had to complete the pool myself. Nothing happened for about two months while I waited for him to try to finish the pool.

Wow... sorry to hear that... good thing is that you got it finished eventually. At what phase of the project did your PB walk out? Did he go out of business, or just decided one day he was not going to finish your pool?

Day 8 - Coping and tile work has started today.

[attachment=0:1r4d738p]rsz_coping_work.jpg[/attachment:1r4d738p]

Will post more pics as progress is made.

Attachments

• rsz_coping_work.jpg
    rsz_coping_work.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 212
shcuck said:
Wow... sorry to hear that... good thing is that you got it finished eventually. At what phase of the project did your PB walk out? Did he go out of business, or just decided one day he was not going to finish your pool?

He quit working on the pool after the gunite was blown, the plumbing was finished, and the tile and coping were installed. All he needed to do was buy and install the equipment, install and connect the electrical systems, and install the plaster. He ran out of money and he didn't have another project to "borrow" from, and as far as I know he is out of business. I sued him and I have a judgment but it's likely I'll never see a dime. The lesson is that even though pretty much all PBs want most of your money up front, one should try to negotiate the payment schedule so that you are always ahead. That, or make really sure you can trust the PB, or make sure he's solvent enough so that you have a legal remedy.

Yeah I hear ya... when we were looking for a PB, we only looked a big known companies as opposed to independent contractors just for that reason. And we wanted to make sure that the company would be around to cover any issues that might arise after the build is complete and through the contracted warranty.

Well I know it left a very bad taste, but good to know that you completed your pool and are good to go. :)

Here is a pic of the tile we will be using in contrast with the Tan Bullnose Precast coping. I will post a pic of the installed tile tomorrow.

[attachment=0:3smd7pte]Tile.JPG[/attachment:3smd7pte]

Attachments

• Tile.JPG
    Tile.JPG
    493 KB · Views: 200
Here is the Time Lapse vid of they Coping install. Today they are working on the tile. Hope to be forming the deck on Monday or Tuesday and pouring on Wed.

[youtube:3sry42dc]RuQhohwIf-g[/youtube:3sry42dc]

shcuck,

Your pool looks great. Seeing the pictures and videos bring back some fond, recent memories. Hobert finished our pool on 8/8/11, and we were 100% satisfied with the entire process of dealing with them. I think you made a good choice in builders and would recommend them to anyone. I am doing the BBB method and all is working great. We just put the salt in about a week ago and WOW what a difference. There is a little salt taste but feels much better on the skin and very, very easy on the eyes. I know the anticipation is difficult on you and the family, but once our tile and coping was in the rest went very quickly. Congratulations and good luck with your completion.

Greenhaw

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.