New pool plaster - PH Seems to rise a lot each day, also a question about skimmers

Jason245

Jul 27, 2019
Fort Lauderdale FL
Hi,

Just had the inground pool replastered and "redone" a little over a month ago. After the initial startup I took over the pool and have been meticulously testing and monitoring etc.

My current problem seems to be PH drifting upwards pretty quick. I have a SWG so I know that there is going to be some drift, but I am rising from 7.6 to ~8.0 - 8.2 in a matter of 2 to 3 days without any rain or swimming in the pool. My TA is at 60, but it keeps getting eaten away by the acid I keep adding to bring the PH down.

Is this something to be expected with new plaster pools, or just my new reality? My PH used to be stable at 7.8 with a TA of 60.

As a separate question (I can start a new thread somewhere if someone has a recommendation of which forum), My old skimmer basket used to have a part that floated which helped suck in all the bugs and leaves into the skimmer basket (Creating almost like a whirlpool effect ). The new skimmer basket is well... a basket... the basket sits at the bottom and I am guessing because there isn't a floating top, it doesn't create that whirlpool effect so the bugs and leaves kinda just float at the top of the basket while the pool is on (and wonder off when the pool turns off).

Does anyone have any suggestions on a skimmer basket enhancement or changeout that could help Suck in the buggs. I inherited the old skimmer basket and don't have any info about it and it was gotten rid of when the pool was demoed and redone (Old skimmer had a crack). My pool is in a screened in patio, so not a big leave problem, but I like getting all those bugs off the surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.