New pool plaster, how to detect copper from heater?

Oct 6, 2015
TX
Hello everyone,

We just replastered our pool plaster. There were greenish stains in the pool prior to this. One of the companies from whom we got an estimate told us to watch out for copper in the water from corroded heater coils due to bad chemistry. (We went with another company). Anyhow, now that the pool is plastered, I am wondering how I can detect any copper before it damages the plaster, in which case we would have to bypass the heater. What should be my plan of action?

Also, we got the pool startup service which was 5 days of brushing and chemicals. Today was the last day. The pool guy said the pool will be ready to swim in by tomorrow afternoon.

Many thanks for any tips!

ETA: I was reading through other posts about copper and someone had mentioned that the filter cartridge would have changed color. My cartridge filters are about 3 years old and are still in great condition once the gunk is washed off at cleaning time.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.