New pool pebble tec

Gbk63952

Apr 18, 2020
Florida
Hello.
I am brand new to the forum.
I just had my pool build and water filled on 3-3-2020.
I get my water tested weekly by a professional/ pool store. Thank
I have been noticing stains on the walls and floors. Builder says it’s an imbalance in water but the pool store says it’s not.
How can I get rid of these stains.
Here is my latest water testes.
Total chlorine 3.0 ppm
Free chlorine 3.0ppm
Ph 7.4
Alkalinity 80 ppm
Calcium hardness 340 ppm
Salt 3200
Any advise on how I get get rid of them or what they are.
Thanks.

Attachments

• BB6DDB96-2342-49EF-8DBB-D0078152B815.jpeg
    BB6DDB96-2342-49EF-8DBB-D0078152B815.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 13
  • AA8536C5-6BA5-40DA-B9E5-685AE08FB9FE.jpeg
    AA8536C5-6BA5-40DA-B9E5-685AE08FB9FE.jpeg
    545.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 0EABF539-8928-49FB-B6D9-4D021518FE37.jpeg
    0EABF539-8928-49FB-B6D9-4D021518FE37.jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to TFP

You are missing a key number, CYA, also known as stabilizer.

Sadly, we trust pool store testing about as much as I trust gas station sushi.

Not much credence is given to pool store testing around here. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite. Between employees who blindly trust the word of chemical sales representatives and high school kids working in the pool store for the summer you end up with poor results from their testing. Plus, the results of their "testing" is used to convince you that you need to buy things. Why do you think that testing is free?

Many folks have a Saturday morning ritual, dip a bottle of water out of the pool and take it to the pool store (they give you the bottle for free). They test it and sell you what they say you need to "fix" what ails your pool

But, what can you do?? We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. Order a TF-100 Test Kit ™ a

The middle picture kind of looks like algae, but it's hard to tell in all of them. The builder says it an "imbalance in water ". What does that mean?

You have a salt water chlorine generator, but do yo alos have any sort of "mineral" system?

Have you used any thing else in the pool? Algecides, conditioners, something the pool store said you need?

Are these stains at different places in the pool or all in one area?

If you have a 3" chlorine puck, let it sit on the stain for a few minutes and see if it clears up where the puck was sitting.

Pick up some inexpensive Vitimin C tablets and crush up a couple. Rub this on the stain and see if it changes.

Did I already say you shold ditch thepool store and take control of the pool yourself?

Stabilizer is 80 ppm
Builder says my water chemistry is off and causing this.
No mineral system.
The stains are all over the pool at different depths first picture is from the deep end .
First, your pool builder statements like "imbalance in water " or "chemistry is off " are meaningless. He needs to define what he thinks is off or what is not in balance. A statement like, You calcium is to high and causing scale is a real statement.

Now, understand that many pool builders are great at building pools but have absolutely no knowledge of the science behind maintaining a sanitary body of water.

So, your CYA at 80 (if thatis a correct number) supports my thought that it may be algae. Following our system of pool care we have learned that there is a ratio between free chlorine and stabilizer/CYA that must be maintained. It's actually the cornerstone of our pool care methods.

For a salt pool with 80 CYA the minimum teh FC should ever be is 4 and we recomend you target 6 to make sure it never drops below 4. It' all outlined on our FC/CYA Chart

I go back to my statement above. Get a chlorine tablet and let it sit on one of the stains for a few minutes. If it lightens or goes away that shows it is and organic stain (killed by the chlorine)

Throughout TFP, you will read that we suggest certain levels that good science and practical experience has taught us fall within safe ranges.

Further reading of posts here will draw you to the inescapable conclusion that these guidelines work.......in thousands and thousands of pools worldwide. Our goal is to teach residential pool owners what has been proven to work time and time again and then let them use that information to their benefit.

You have to decide if you are going ot gfollow what the pool store says or our methods. If you would like more information on our methods, you can start reading in Pool School have you read? Start with these:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.