New pool owners soon

Pool4GK

Jun 24, 2020
Southern Oregon
Our good friends suggested this site for us as we are preparing to be new pool owners. Hopefully the project will begin the end of July or first of August. I am trying to build my knowledge on the process in hopes of putting together a great pool and also maintaining it. Such as, heat pump or solar panel system? Definitely salt pool. Variable speed pump. Trying to read and learn as much as I can. Pool will be 14 x 28.
Thank you to anyone who has suggestions on which way to go for the heating system. Solar or heat pump. We have good warm weather anywhere from mid- April through October. Sun will be directly on the pool all day.

Welcome to the club !! We have folks to help in all phases of the build with actual real world experiences. Not just the crud from the brochures. Of course the brochure says its awesome !! Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but we have folks for whatever it is. Planning, building, using, maintaining...... anywho post any thoughts or questions in the appropriate forum and you'll get better/targeted answers. In the meantime you have plenty of time to read up on pool school. Check it out here. ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Welcome. I know nothing about heat pumps and living in S. CA I try not to give any extra money to the thieves at the power company. Our pool is a little larger than yours with 6- 4X12 solar panels. Just got out of the pool. 88 degrees.