New pool owner with plumbing questions.

Drazel

May 26, 2020
Hey guys, just bought a house and has an in-ground 38x16. I have absolutely no idea on pools as this is a first for me, but I've been reading a lot around the forums. I finally got my pool up and running thanks to reading on these forums and the pool math app.

My questions are, what is the valve that is after the heater? What are the two lines that the line splits into? What is the black line of off the left side pipe?

Attachments

• 20200526_192932.jpg
    20200526_192932.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 13
Congrats! Welcome :) Can you get a list of your pool equipment (w/model #'s if visbile) and add your pool details to your signature? Then you won't have to repeat over and over again as questions arise :D

The small black line on the returns might go to a water feature on the pool (water fall, sprayer, slide, etc)?
Do you have at least 2 returns (water coming back into pool) in the pool? Or a spa?

D,

The large Jandy valve allows you to control how the water goes back to your pool... It could go to a number of things.. 2 pool returns, or 1 water feature and pool returns, or???

Only you will be able to tell.. Rotate the handle so it points to the left, and feel the pool returns and see if one of them is off.. Rotate the handle so it points to the right, and do the same thing. In the pick, the same amount of water is going into each pipe..

I suspect the small ball valve is a fill line.. With the pump off, turn the ball valve on, and see if you can hear water entering the pipes. If so, than you can use the valve to add water to your pool. Just don't leave it on... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.