Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi folks (first post),

Just purchased a 2009 built home and pool (I'm second owner.) My first pool, my estimate is 28-30k gallons.

Glad to have found you all and super happy with the TK-100. Issues:
  1. CH at 650 (CH at tap only 25)
  2. CYA between 150-300 (tried diluted test and still did not hit the 100 mark)
Sounds like refill time, right?

There are a number (<6) of spots (under 3" long) that seem to be scrapes with a smooth bluish surface without the rough, white coating.

If I'm doing a 100% refill per http://www.poolcalculator..com, should I look at resurface quotes?

I'm on city water and will look at refill quotes as well.

Thanks for the help and once again, happy to have found the community.

Welcome to TFP. If you have the water for a refill and understand the risks in a full drain then go for it. It gives you a fresh start with water chemistry you know. Test your fill water to know what your starting point will be.

Replastering is a whole different level and fraught with its own risks. There are many stories here of unhappy plaster jobs. It seems to be a roll of the dice if you get a quality job. Small scrapes are not a reason to replaster. Post some pics of your pool surface and we can help you judge.

Btw, here we use PoolMath, not poolcalculator

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

It does sound like a drain and refill is needed soon.

If you are going to resurface, this would be a great time to plan that.

The link you provided is to a calculator that is not supported by TFPC. See the app link below for the TFPC supported calculator.

I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

You may also want to get the Pool Math app.

Refilled and now understand my pool volume better - closer to 18k gallons. Numbers much better (except for TA.) Not really moving after all the acid I put in. Thinking of using the utility pump to aerate (run the hose off the diving board.)

pH 7.6
fc 5.5
cc 0.5
ch 100
ta 290
cya 40

No need for the utility pump to aerate, just turn on your pool pump on spa mode so the spillway will aerate better. Since you have a more exact number of gallons, try to add acid to shoot for 7.0 instead of 7.2, it will lower your TA faster. Also add Calcium to reach 300 if not your plaster will start to leach out CA.

Felipe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.