New pool owner, New to TFP

Edman9767

Jul 5, 2022
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Hi everyone, we live in Louisiana and just purchased a house with a beautiful saltwater pool. We have a decent amount of vegetation in the back yard and I found TFP as I’m trying to solve our backswimmer problem. Pool looks great but since June we find a few backswimmers every day, and this morning before I left for work I skimmed out three, and then my wife just called me and says there are now hundreds. So I’m just trying to get a handle on how they even get there, or where they are laying eggs. So I’ll be reading a lot of the threads about that! Thanks for a community that will really help people like me!

Reactions: Edman9767
Welcome to the forum!
Those bugs in the pool normally indicate a less than adequate level of FC in the pool.
You need to get a proper test kit to check your pool water chemistry. Test Kits Compared
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool
Thanks so much for your reply. I’ve been taking test kits to my local pool store almost once a week, and everything has checked out even phosphate levels. We had a big party on Sunday, and I used the super chlorinate feature for the first time and I’m wondering if it did not work properly. I plan on taking it in again to the store when I get home, and then buying my own test kit for the future. I probably just need to pay for them to come out and look at all my equipment and make sure it’s functioning properly. I may need to replace my salt cell.

Personally I would not bother with a pool store, for either tests or recommendations. Order a test kit now. The best value is the TFPro Salt for your situation. From TFTestkits.net. Or the Taylor K2006C with K1766 and SpeedStir.

If you post multiple pictures of your equipment the members here can walk you through what you have, how it operates, etc. Also help you create a signature to include in your Profile.

Personally I would not bother with a pool store, for either tests or recommendations. Order a test kit now. The best value is the TFPro Salt for your situation. From TFTestkits.net. Or the Taylor K2006C with K1766 and SpeedStir.

If you post multiple pictures of your equipment the members here can walk you through what you have, how it operates, etc. Also help you create a signature to include in your Profile.
Thanks for that. I will definitely do that tonight.

Reactions: jeffchap