New pool owner - Need help cleaning

Marty is right. Kiersite blasting will get rid of the calcium ring. Call Pool Frogs if you are in Phoenix. They’ll charge you $200ish to remove the scale 100%. They apply a sealant afterward, but you can ask them to leave that off as is can yellow.

PS: I agree with the other poster that your extra ball valve is for the Venturi skimmer. I keep mine open all they way.

You might have Venturi type skimmer. With the valve open water will come out the back of skimmer at the bottom and shoots a strong stream across skimmer and out into pool. Also the return side three-way valve is in a 50/50 position which might not enable the infloor cleaning valve with enough pressure to be effective.

I agree with this. If you have a venturi skimmer, you will definitely want to have this valve open some so that you get the added venturi action. I am getting a venturi skimmer and below is a link to the one I am getting. You can look at the pics to see if yours is the same. The manufacturer suggest 6-8gpm for this return line to the skimmer.

https://www.1paramount.com/debris-removal/paraskim-v/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.