New pool owner, Lot to learn.

Here. Zero dollars.
TFP is a site dedicated to teaching pool maintenance. It's all we do. We don't sell anything. We're all volunteers, so there is no conflict of interest. Our methods are backed by science, and have been torture tested by almost a quarter million members (not counting visitors) all over the world, with every kind of pool in every kind of environment! We believe we have the absolute best way to take care of your water. So if you want to learn, you've come to the right place.

Start here. Don't be shy about asking questions. Anything at all.

Pool School

And welcome! :handwave:

Last edited:
My favorite page ... Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reactions: Akhan
welcome to TFP
nearly every member/guide started the same way as you
as we were helped to understand our pools
we stuck around and paid it forward
as dirk linked Pool School - Trouble Free Pool is a great start and then ask questions
Thank you. just too much to take in All at once. Try to order dolphin 200 from marina but margret said it’s out of stock and suggested getting warrior se robotic vacuum poole cleaner. If it was not for this page I would Have purchased m400 for $1500 at local pool company. I will start reading up on the pool school.
how much would it cost to add a pool feature like a small slide and convert it to salt water pool? We have budget of $7k for pool upgrade.

Off the top of my head: an SWG is about $1200-$1400 retail. I've heard of decent slides in the $3K+ arena, some as as low as $1200 or so. Contractor markup and labor could double that, maybe less if you find the right guy, but they're all super busy right now. And then you'll need to plumb the slide. I'd say at least $4K (wishful thinking) and up to the $7K, depending on your choice of slide and contractor, and whatever challenges they'll run into running pool water to the slide.

If it helps justify the price, an SWG replaces most of the liquid chlorine you'd be buying. Before their recent price hike, an SWG (which wears out after some number of years) costs about the same as the chlorine it replaces.

Our methods are backed by science, and have been torture tested by almost a quarter million members
Ooh, I just noticed. We have actually passed 250,000 members!! So we've tortured more than a quarter million pool owners. Uh, I mean they've torture-tested TFP's science! ;)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👪👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👦👩‍👦👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👧👪👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧👩‍👧👩‍👩‍👧👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👦‍👦👩‍👩‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👨‍👩‍👦👨‍👨‍👦👨‍👦👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👪👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👦👩‍👦👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👧👪👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧👩‍👧👩‍👩‍👧👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👦‍👦👩‍👩‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👨‍👩‍👦👨‍👨‍👦👨‍👦👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👪👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👦👩‍👦👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👧👪👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧👩‍👧👩‍👩‍👧👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👦‍👦👩‍👩‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👨‍👩‍👦👨‍👨‍👦👨‍👦👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👧‍👦

SWG install is 1-3 hours depending on your layout. Pool maintenance is 10-15 minutes per day. You'll pay a premium for anything pool related this time of year...assuming you can get anyone to come out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Most members came here with troubled pools of one kind or another. We were all goons and thought we'll never get this stuff. All the help here is hard core proven. It really make sense only when you get going and get the help you're asking for. Sticking with it will prove results. Don't let yourself get pool stored or otherwise. Ask away after you're committed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.