New pool owner introduction

ChrisL75

Apr 2, 2020
Lakeland, FL
Hello everyone, like the title of this thread suggests, I’m a new pool owner. Just closed on my house on March 20th and of course it has a nice pool for my wife and I to enjoy. Only problem, I’m not sure when I will be able to move there haha. My plan was to move next week but with what’s been going on in the world I’m not convinced it’s entirely possible. I’m going to try though.

This is my first pool and so I have no clue on what I’m doing yet. Previous owners had a company take care of it for them but I feel that’s unnecessary.
I do know the pool is a saltwater type pool. I have no idea how many gallons so I will have to figure out that info. I took photos of all the equipment so on my spare time I can read about them.

Right now I’m just trying to get ahead of the game and find out where I can buy some supplies during this difficult time.

I’m guessing a test kit would be my first purchase and I have read good things about a Taylor 2006. Do you have a recommendation of a place online that sells them during these strange times?

I only hope I can get to my house before the pool turns ugly. Currently out in Texas.

Welcome to the forum!
Order a TF-100
The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want.
I also have the Speedstir. It makes testing much easier.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Good decision. You have a salt water chlorine generator. In your area, you will need a way to accurately test salinity. I suggest emailing TFTestkits and adding the K1766 test kit to your bundle.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.