New Pool owner in Las Vegas

Hello, I am a bit confused about trying to get another reading of FC and CC. I was doing the 10ml test and I put 25 drops of R0871, the liquid was not pink any longer. We started to put it away to get the next bottle, before we could use it, it turned pink again. So I added the 26th drop. It didn't seem like it was going to change again. We then added 1 drop of R-0003 and the solution turned white. As I swirled it, it started to look slightly colored again. So I added another drop. It stayed whitish for quite a few seconds but then slowly turned back to pink. What does this mean? Am I doing something wrong? Also you told me to add 1 gallon of bleach daily until the party, but the FC hasn't dropped much. I have only added a little less than half of 1 gallon of chlorinated liquid since that day. Party is tomorrow. Could you please advise?

Hello, I am a bit confused about trying to get another reading of FC and CC. I was doing the 10ml test and I put 25 drops of R0871, the liquid was not pink any longer. We started to put it away to get the next bottle, before we could use it, it turned pink again. So I added the 26th drop. It didn't seem like it was going to change again. We then added 1 drop of R-0003 and the solution turned white. As I swirled it, it started to look slightly colored again. So I added another drop. It stayed whitish for quite a few seconds but then slowly turned back to pink. What does this mean? Am I doing something wrong? Also you told me to add 1 gallon of bleach daily until the party, but the FC hasn't dropped much. I have only added a little less than half of 1 gallon of chlorinated liquid since that day. Party is tomorrow. Could you please advise? Thank you

For the FC testing, I just want to confirm you are doing it this way:
10ML water sample with one heaping scoop of R-0870 powder then mix. Count drops until clear, then divide by 2. Example: 20 drops = FC of 10.
I forgot what your CYA is (70?). If so, that would be a SLAM FC level of 28 which would equate to about 56 drops to be at the proper SLAM level. If your solution went form pink to clear at say 24, then you were at an FC of 12 which is too low to do the SLAM. I just wanted to make sure you understood that.

As for the clear going pink again, it will do that if the solution sits for too long. For now, we know you need to SLAM. Don't worry about testing the CC right now. Focus only on the FC. You still have the party tomorrow right? So you can increase the FC up to 28 if you want. If you want to leave it low for tomorrow's party, just remember you have to crank that FC back up to 28 as soon as everyone leaves and "maintain" it that way to pass the SLAM (all 3 criteria). Hope that helps. Have a nice weekend and party.

I think my CYA level was 180. I was not thinking that I would SLAM it until after the . And then I think you recommended me to first drain about 60% of the pool. I will have some more questions before doing that. I just now noticed a few very small yellow spots, so it hasn't gone completely away. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.