New pool owner here, can someone help me identify the pipes / valves so I can understand what they all do?

nsa

Aug 5, 2022
South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
We've just had a new pool installed,. but there are no labels on each of the valves. I know the actuator valve (bottom of photo) is for our waterfall, but I am not clear what the other 3 valves do? I think the pipe (very bottom left of photo) is for the main drains in the bottom of the pool, and the two pipes next to it must be for each of the two skimmers.

Can anyone help me understand this?

Note: The pool company are due to come back in 2 weeks for pool school, but I'm unsure what they actually discuss.

1659796615704.png

We've just had a new pool installed,. but there are no labels on each of the valves. I know the actuator valve (bottom of photo) is for our waterfall, but I am not clear what the other 3 valves do? I think the pipe (very bottom left of photo) is for the main drains in the bottom of the pool, and the two pipes next to it must be for each of the two skimmers.

Can anyone help me understand this?

Note: The pool company are due to come back in 2 weeks for pool school, but I'm unsure what they actually discuss.
Far left pipe is likely main pool drain. Next two are likely skimmers. Valves allow you to modify where water comes from. Both of those valves are open. If you turn those 90 degrees to the right, it will shut off the left pipes into the valves. Do you have a main drain and two skimmers?

Those go into what looks like a check valve, then into your pump.

Out of the pump to diverter valve. Water goes to waste or to cartridge filter.

Out of filter, past an anode then another fitting I can't see, into heater.

Out of heater, through check valve, IC-20 and water feature diverter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.