UKneadMe

Aug 31, 2021
NE Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi guys! Just wanted to drop a note saying hi. New15x30 10,600 gallon oval above ground pool with cartridge filter 2hp pump and vision pro chlorination. Looking for the easiest less chemical way to maintain a healthy pool. Glad to be here.

Welcome to the forum!
Remove the minerals from the Vision Pro before they stain your pool.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

That’s why I’m here to learn more and be able to share. I assume I can replace the mineral cartridge on that vision pro and put the cap back on it and leave it at that. Can I also remove the chlorine cartridge and just drop tabs straight in the chlorine side?

You can remove the mineral cartridge and put back on the cap. Glad you have it. Most installers throw it away.

The trichlor side only takes their cartridges. If you read the link I posted, we suggest you not use trichlor for daily chlorination purposes. It will lead you to poor results.

That’s why I’m here to learn more and be able to share. I assume I can replace the mineral cartridge on that vision pro and put the cap back on it and leave it at that. Can I also remove the chlorine cartridge and just drop tabs straight in the chlorine side?
Yes to the mineral question.

Maybe to the tab question. We are not big fans of tabs and i think the link above will explain our thoughts.

I’m seeing that. Right now my CYA levels are at 15 so I will use tricolor until it gets into a better range (pool is only 2 weeks old) then I will swap out to liquid chlorine. I’m loving the idea of simple pool chemistry you guys have!

You can remove the mineral cartridge and put back on the cap. Glad you have it. Most installers throw it away.

The trichlor side only takes their cartridges. If you read the link I posted, we suggest you not use trichlor for daily chlorination purposes. It will lead you to poor results.
I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!