New pool owner from Australia

8ightiesfan

May 26, 2020
Canberra, Australia
Hello from Canberra, Australia!

This seems to be predominantly a US based forum, but hey, I cant find a decent Australia forum and water is water right?

First time pool owner for around 3 months now, have learnt a lot in the last 3 months but still a long way to go and enjoying the challenge!

Since it's daytime there be sure to check out TFP's YouTube site for some great videos on pool care.

As a fellow Aussie, welcome, and let me say that from my experience the pool industry here is about 20 years behind the US. (Other than our obsession with SWG)

I am also only a few months into pool ownership but have already been shocked at the terrible advice local pool professionals have provided me on all sorts of things. Trust in the TFP way :)

As a fellow Aussie, welcome, and let me say that from my experience the pool industry here is about 20 years behind the US. (Other than our obsession with SWG)

I am also only a few months into pool ownership but have already been shocked at the terrible advice local pool professionals have provided me on all sorts of things. Trust in the TFP way :)

Haha yes I am discovering the same thing. My multiport valve gasket was leaking. The pool shop told me the gasket is no longer available so you must replace the multiport valve, oh and if you replace the multiport valve you also have to replace the sand filter. Total quote $3k+ When I asked why they said they are matching units and you cannot simply replace the valve. Fount the correct gasket online matching the measurements of mine and $50 later we are back in business.

Reactions: setsailsoon

Welcome from down-under! We've got a lot of Aussies here as you've started to see. TFP seems to work well down there and there. There are suppliers of tests and equipment so you should be good. We've got experts in everything pool. And we don't sell anything so you'll avoid the circle you did on the multi port valve. Sounds like you've got everything well in hand and if something weird pops up we're all here to offer advice.

I lived in Perth for a couple years in my prior life. Australia's a gorgeous place and it's good to see we have a strong Australia group.

Good luck and again, Welcome Aboard!

Chris

Reactions: 8ightiesfan