Birmingham, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
You people… You magnificent, beautiful people.

We were handed the keys to our new pool yesterday and thankfully I have “you people” as my backup.

When the notion of installing a pool first came up, I quickly found this site and absorbed every bit of information that my over-the-hill brain could retain. I kept my mouth shut (very few posts) and listened. I realize now, the value of this site is immeasurable. If someone had told me when I started all of this, that I could hire a team of pool consultants for $100.00 that will offer advice based on their experiences, that will recommend the proper equipment that I will need, that will teach you how to maintain your pool, and to boot... they will always be on call to help you, that would have been the easiest $100.00 I’d ever spent. That is why I donated $100.00 to TFP, when my pool construction began. Should it be more? Probably, but $100.00 was what I could do, comfortably. If you haven’t donated to TFP, please consider helping out with donating whatever amount is comfortable to you. Just think about a situation arising down the road and you go to TFP.com for some help and advice, and this site is no longer there because they couldn’t pay the bandwidth bill, or the website administration bill. Those would be dark days, my friends. I don’t want to live in a world without TFP.

The second thing that I did when pool construction began was to use the discount code (for being a Gold supporter) to purchase a TF-Pro Salt with SmartStir test kit. Shortly, I’ll be posting my first test results to get your feedback. I’ve downloaded the pool math app and I’ve read through the ABC’s of water chemistry, et al., but I won’t truly learn until I get my hands wet. And that’s what I intend to do. I’ve rambled on enough. Here are some pics (pool specs are in my signature, below):
10.jpg7.jpg8.jpg4.jpg5.jpg15.jpg20.jpg21.jpg
We are in the process of purchasing our plants to finish the landscaping. I'm going to have a long weekend of digging, planting and pine straw spreading in this Alabama heat and humidity, but at least I have a pool to cool off in, now.
24.jpg

GREAT intro post!
These people have kept me from wasting my time and money more times than I can count!

Your pool looks great!
:swim:

Reactions: Toe
GREAT intro post!
These people have kept me from wasting my time and money more times than I can count!

Your pool looks great!
:swim:
Gaylesville, AL, huh? I grew up in Jacksonville, AL and my parents lived in Cedar Bluff for about 10 years before relocating to Gatlinburg, TN. I know your area well. I've spent many hours Crappie fishing on Weiss Lake. Beautiful area up there. And thank you for the kind comments.