New pool owner bamboozled.

Jun 16, 2017
Wolverton MN
So I have a round 5200 gal vynl pool. When I filled it I used probly 1000 gal of well water and 4000 from the gravel pit surface water. It was milky white when I put it in took a sample to the pool store. Shame on me. They told me muratic acid. So I put in 2.5 gal. Got pretty clear and had a ton of stuff I vaccum off the bottom. Then 5 days later of just trying to maintain that level I took in another sample. They said 9 lbs of ph+ and 2lbs of spa chlorine. When I started out my ph was perfect and the water was soft. Just cloudy. I have not been able to get the free chlorine level to budge. At all. Total says it's okay, total in a weeks time I have put in a dozen 1" tablets 6lbs of shock and today 4 gallons of 10% liquid. Still no show. Granted the test kit you guys recommend has t showed up yet and I'm using strips from menards to try to atleast get something going so it won't turn green. Anyways I added that 9 lbs slowly and I'm black to cloudy again. Any tips to push it while I wait for the test kit would be apreciated. Or some sort of explanation of why I can't get free chlorine
6fccb830bfb10b7f4c0e523cc2af3bec.jpg

I am sorry - a pool store had you add 2.5 gallons of muriatic acid and the next time they told you to add 9 lbs of ph+??? Talk about being jerked around.

Add 3 FC of bleach in the morning and evening. That is about 2 1/2 cups of 8.25% bleach.

Once you get your test kit, run the tests and report them here.

Try to keep one thread -- keeps the info in one spot.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.