New pool owner Alkalinity high bit cloudy

kkrucek

Jun 30, 2019
Chicago
Hey guys I'm new to this whole pool ownership. I have 16x48 ultra frame Intex 5,061 gal sand filter.. My Alkalinity is a high & water is a bit cloudy.... Ph level is perfect now used PH down. No chlorine yet as this is a new setup. I did add 1gt of metal out powder today but Alkalinity is still high.

I did fill it with well water been using polyester filling homemade 5 gal filterer 100% better today. This evening will 2nd evening filtering iron.out. I also replaced polyester today.

I imagine Iron still might be a little high... can that effect the Alkalinity? As I filter out iron can or will that lower Alkalinity? Tanks guys.

Kevin

Welcome to the forum!
TA is the last parameter to be concerned with. Adding chlorine is the most important. And having 30 ppm CYA in the water.

How are you testing your water chemistry?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Welcome to the forum!
TA is the last parameter to be concerned with. Adding chlorine is the most important. And having 30 ppm CYA in the water.

How are you testing your water chemistry?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Marty,

Thank for reply. So you say TA is least of my worries now & I should get chlorine added next then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.