New Pool - Orlando Florida

I prefer not to get in between the PB and the OP, but since he is on a trip, I will suggest that it is time to get the water balanced. I have skimmed through the last two pages of threads, and I haven't seen an alkalinity test result.
I suggest raising the alkalinity to 60 ppm minimum (assuming that it is low per the acid startup). Before adding sodium bicarbonate to raise the TA, make sure the pH is below 7.8.
If by chance the TA is over 80 ppm, then only add some acid to maintain the pH within 7.2 to 7.8.
When the PB returns from his trip, you should review with him and determine what he advises. I can't believe that more detailed instructions weren't provided beforehand.

I think the advice from the TFP people on chlorination has been appropriate.

I prefer not to get in between the PB and the OP, but since he is on a trip, I will suggest that it is time to get the water balanced. I have skimmed through the last two pages of threads, and I haven't seen an alkalinity test result.
I suggest raising the alkalinity to 60 ppm minimum (assuming that it is low per the acid startup). Before adding sodium bicarbonate to raise the TA, make sure the pH is below 7.8.
If by chance the TA is over 80 ppm, then only add some acid to maintain the pH within 7.2 to 7.8.
When the PB returns from his trip, you should review with him and determine what he advises. I can't believe that more detailed instructions weren't provided beforehand.

I think the advice from the TFP people on chlorination has been appropriate.

I have no confidence in my PB's advice when he returns. With what I have learned from TFP I think I'm doing ok.

I added 12oz. of acid this afternoon and here are my latest test results this evening.
All are from the TF-100 Testkit except CYA is an estimate based on approx 10 pucks dissolved at 2.2 ppm CYA per puck.
I will do the CYA test tomorrow in the sunlight.

FC 6.5
CC .5
TC 7
PH 7.5
TA 60
CH 200
CYA 22

CSI -.27

Those numbers look good. The CYA is low as you know. You might want to think about adding CYA as a stand alone to help buffer the FC. Adding CYA can push the PH down some so be on the look out for it.

Now you know the PH will push up as your plaster cures. Just keep an eye on it. After a while you start to see it even out. When that starts to happen you can do your final tweak on your TA and PH as they work hand in hand.

You are really getting a handle on it! Nice job!

Make sure to keep a log of your tests results so you can watch the patterns as they happen with your pool.

How is the water looking?

Kim:cat:

Photos - notice the visitor trying to get inside the cage for shelter from the approaching thunderstorm:

0718161209_zpsprfji5uh.jpg

0718161208a_zps4knkcqwu.jpg

0718161208_zpseygncpbn.jpg

0712162052a_zpszurxl1u6.jpg

0712162052_zpsriaarmk3.jpg

0712162050_zpsdynfwby5.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got my Doheny Discovery (Maytronics Dolphin S200i) Pool Robot today and testing it now.
Worked right out of the box. Only problem is it got stuck under the rail by the stairs. It might have cleared itself but I rescued it.
Named it Little Joe 'Dirt'

I love your visitor! We had one perch on the roof of the nursing home behind us a couple months ago. I'm hoping it stays by the stocked pond in my neighborhood and doesn't decide to visit my cement pond!

Love the light show!

Good to know it's not likely to damage the pebble finishes. I'll double check with ours on that too. We're supposed to be getting an Aquabot Junior TRC or something like that with ours. She said it's a small commercial robot. Love the idea of these. I'd think about letting the kids name the robot but we have a dog named Pickle. I'm a little scared. Lol Little Joe Dirt is perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mentioned to hubby that we'll need to name our robot. And yep, Jaiden chimed in with, "I have the perfect name! Can I name it?!" I said well why don't we hear everyone's suggestions, what do you think? He says, "Water. Rover! Last name Rover, First name Water" and then a whole bunch of maniacal giggles followed. Oh boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again everyone for all the compliments and wishes. Pool is balanced & running ok and have been swimming and brushing everyday. Almost 100 degrees but a delightful 86 degrees under the screen cage in the pool.
It's still only 2 weeks from the start-up tomorrow but will test "Little Joe" the pool robot again in a few days and take pictures.

IMG_0256_zpsqt2ikx3s.jpg

IMG_0251_zpsgci66uc0.jpg

IMG_0240_zps7bxgxtil.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.