New Pool, No Clue

Dboo

May 20, 2020
Pittsburgh
So glad I found this forum! After bringing my water to the pool store and spending $700 I figured there has to be a better way...fingers crossed.

FC - 0
TC - 0
pH - 7.1
TA - 170
CH - 300
CYA - 200 (it was off the charts high so this is an educated guess, may be higher)

Water is clear to slightly cloudy

If it matters, below are the steps I already added to balance the water, based on pool store advice:
-Natural Chemisry Metal free time remove copper
-Shock Treatment (4 bags Caribbean Blue Tidal Wave 73)
-Caribbean Blue aqua prep 10 to raise TA
-CB Aqua prep 20 to raise PH
-CB Forever Clear Clarifier for cloudy water
-CB Aqua Prep 30 for CH

Next recommended steps are:
-64ozCB Phos Out for high phosphorus ( reading at 2134).
- Move on to pool opening procedure: shock, CB open&close (to prevent waterline rings), Algaecide, clarifier, surface cleaner

It seems like a lot. My main concern is the high CYA, balancing the water and saving some money by returning my unused chemicals.

We are going to be away from home Friday afternoon-Monday afternoon, not sure if I should hold off on everything until we return.
Thanks for any advice you can give!

Danielle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 6
You literally need none of those products. The ones you added were mostly unnecessary too.
Run your CYA test using Step 8 in CYA - Cyanuric Acid Test - Trouble Free Pool

You will need to add liquid chlorine and then plan for a significant water exchange.

The test kit you have listed does not exist. Do you have a Taylor K2006?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.