NEW POOL NEED HELP

bigghek

Gold Supporter
Feb 16, 2018
Windermere, Florida
Hey guys.

I have a new pool and it was just filled on 1/26. The builder is supposed to be balancing the water and you already know how this story goes. I tested the water on 2/25 and these are the results FC 21.5, PH 6.8, TA 60, CYA 70.
I told him the FC was high and he said he would take care of it. All he did was start the SWCG and add salt to the pool. I tested the water today and the FC was 31. The salt level is 3800. I really need some help.

Thanks.

You need to reduce the % runtime of your SWG to reduce the CL output.

How long does your pump and SWG run each day? Tell us that and we can tell you around what to set the %.

Your pH under 7 is concerning. Acidic water running through your heater can corrode it. You need to aerate ASAP to raise your pH above 7.2. Do you have a spillover or water features you can turn on?

What is your pH today?

What was the % runtime before you set it to 5%?

Just let the CL drift down over the next few days.

Use FC/CYA chart. Any FC level below shock level for your CYA is safe to swim.

With CYA 70 you will be good 28 or below. You should be at 28 in a day or two.

You have a 20K cell for your 7.5K pool. Running your pump 12 hours a day 60% runtime may work in the summer. Try around 40% once your FC gets down to target range for your CYA.

You have to monitor the FC daily until you get your SWG % dialed in. Adjust it until you find the % level that keeps steady FC. A few ppm higher FC then target is better then being low.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.