Cantabrigienne

Apr 13, 2021
Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Well, this build has been a bit of a cluster. Pool was filled 5 weeks ago and we’ve already had several issues with the startup. But for the first 5 weeks the pool never needed topping off with the hose. Then Friday night we lost a bunch of water overnight (~1 inch). I thought it was strange but didn’t think too much about it. Tried to top it off with the hose but it took 12 hours to even get a tiny bit of rise in the water level. After leaving the hose off for 24 hours we had lost about 2 more inches of water. Any ideas what this could be? Could a new pipe just randomly break underground? The weather has been very mild. Our brick pool deck took literally months to finish, so I’m traumatized by the idea of breaking it up and digging... ugh. Already having pool regrets. 😭

Last edited:
Read through these techniques to identify where the leak may be....

Sometimes you can find it and sometimes you need to hire a leak detection company with the right tools.

You have a Pool Builder to call?

Yes, the pool builder is going to bring in a leak detection company. They haven’t officially “handed over” the pool yet because there have been so many issues with the startup and the plaster. But this just takes the cake...I’m so discouraged already by this pool. I guess I’m just posting to vent. 🤪

Reactions: Apsuhead
Just a quick update: turns out one of the umbrella holder pipes in the tanning deck wasn’t capped off at the bottom. It was just an open pipe going straight into the ground. (Amazed that the pool held water for 5 weeks before whatever debris was lodged in there broke loose!) 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: kne and Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.