New pool, Jersey shore, probably too late to change anything, but thought I'd ask.

Regardless of what finish if it’s not cared for properly it will get trashed in he same amount of time. Pocket ur money and go cheapest option. Then when u need to redo it u already have some money towards a redo. U r renting to make money. Just my opinion.

I have switched to texting the pb, so we don't get into another fight. He says Pentair for the SWG because the other equipment is Pentair and something about warranties. I am allowed to pick between the iChlor and the Intellichlor. Any opinions between the 2? Is one less expensive to replace the part that will be harmed by bad chemistry and dry acid? Both manuals on the web site specifically say not to use dry acid. So much for warranties. I may be able to pick the size as well, or I'm going to try. He just gave me prices for the IC15 and the IC20. I think that means intellichlor. He said he hasn't installed an iChlor yet. That must be the newer model. From what I've read on here, I think it should be sized for double the volume of the pool. Now trying to calculate pool volume. I only have the plan, which is very detailed for the entire property, but isn't very detailed concerning the pool. Neither the plan nor the contract mentions the volume. I'm heading outside with a tape measure to guess based upon what has been built so far.

Don't know about any of the other stuff, but thought I'd mention the warranty since we just signed our contract. Our PB said the more Pentair products you have, the longer the warranty. We have 3 products, so ours is 3yrs on all 3 products. I think it's the heat pump, swg, and the vacuum for us. Don't quote me on that, though. :p

Your SWCG should be rated for at least 2X your pool volume. Your signature shows 30K gallons. So the IC60 is needed.

He said my questions were insulting because he has 25 years of experience.

His objection to liquid chlorine was that it would be immediately burned up by the sun. I told him I add 1/2 gallon of bleach/day to my 31,000 gallon pool in Ohio, and it doesn't "all burn up" as long as I keep the cya/stabilizer at 50. He reminded me he already explained last week they don't use stabilizer because it clogs up the cartridge filters (I keep mine in a sock in my skimmer baskets when I need to add). I asked him what they do once the stabilizer from the trichlor and the calcium from the cal hypo gets too concentrated. He said that never happens, and trichlor only has a very small amount of stabilizer. It's now a mystery to me how my pool in Ohio had CYA of 200 and CH of 500 when I moved in, and why the only way I could change that was by eventually draining half of the water. Draining water here requires a $50 permit, and there's a $1,000 fine for not getting one.

Hmmmm........... I would basically dismiss anything this guy says about pool maintenance and chemistry. He either doesn't know what he's doing or he's lying to your face!

I'd ask to speak to whoever actually does the maintenance and, if you get the same responses, get a different company to maintain the pool.

Your SWCG should be rated for at least 2X your pool volume. Your signature shows 30K gallons. So the IC60 is needed.

Thank you. My signature pertains to my pool in Ohio. I've had 2 years there to play around with my volume estimate and Pool Math in order to arrive at the most accurate estimate. My questions pertain to a much smaller new pool that was just started last week, and just had coping today. It's scheduled to be completed by the arrival of our first summer tenants next Saturday, June 23rd. It's rectangular, approximately 30'x12', with a raised spa at one end, sun shelf at the other, shallow end, deep end, and steps. The iChlor only comes in a 15 and 30 size. I think the 30 would be best. If we go with the Intellichlor instead, there are more choices, so I should figure out a good volume estimate.

I did 3 separate volume calculations yesterday for the pool, spa, and the sun shelf. My total is approximately 7,200 gallons. That's probably generous given I measured before the plaster, to the bottom edge of the coping, and didn't deduct for the staircase and a bit taken from the corner of the sun shelf due to the location of the electrical service. The equipment was delivered and installed yesterday. I was going to ask for the Intelliflo pump instead of the Superflo pump, but the Intelliflo was delivered without me having to ask for it. If I understand correctly, the iChlor can turn on and off with the Intelliflo without having to have automation. However, I don't know anything about automation, and didn't think I was getting any. While the equipment was being unpacked and installed, I asked whether the swg would be added by next Saturday, or whether they would wait to install it 30 days after the start-up. One of the guys didn't seem to know we were going with an swg and said it was going to be a very tight fit to add one. The guy who seemed to be in charge said they might wait because the water could be hard on the swg during the first 30 days. He also said the builder was ordering a panel for me, the Easy Touch, I believe he mentioned. Does that mean we will have automation after all? He indicated we had to get one because of the swg. The iChlor comes in a 15k gallon size, and a 30k gallon size. With the Intellichlor, I could choose 15k gallons or 20k gallons. The house sleeps 12-14, but I know many tenants squeeze more people in. I don't know whether everyone staying in the house will be in the pool at the same time. I personally would choose to be on the beach, and might only use the spa in the evening. What would you pick? The 15k gallon iChlor, or would you choose the 20k gallon Intellichlor? I was given prices for the Intellichlor 15 and the Intellichlor 20, but I haven't heard back yet on the price for the iChlor 15. I know he has not installed an iChlor yet. He said only 10 percent of his builds have salt water, and they all have the Intellichlor 15 or the Intellichlor 20.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.