New Pool in Frisco TX

Hey Green,
Thanks for reminding me we got the deck done last week and were hoping to get plastered this week but the rain pushed the schedule back a few days so now we are hoping for next week. Looks like we may not be swimming next weekend which is very disappointing to my kids. At any rate we also got the drainage done, cleanup, and backfill in the yard. So its still a mess but I will share a couple pics of the deck for you. If you notice my earlier ones the deck was very dusty and made the silver look whiteish. When its cleaned and wet its VERY different. See some newer photos below. Yes the coping is ivory and is quite dirty right now so it should brighten up some once its all washed. Will update next week if we get to a new phase. IMG_5084.jpgIMG_5036.jpgIMG_5083.jpgIMG_5085.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Green25 and Snoobug
I love your stone in the decking! SO many different ones to look at and enjoy! I find my self stopping to look at this piece then that piece!

Boo on the push back of the plaster date :( BUT for a good plaster job it will be worth it but still sad :(

Reactions: Jimmie48
Love it!! Thanks for updating with so many photos; it’s gorgeous.

We’re stuck in the hurry up and wait phase, but I’m hoping to see a little more progress next week if the rain can hold off. Waiting for progress on the build is like watching paint dry. 🤣

OH HAPPY DAY!!! :party: That looks AWESOME!!!!

Now when they go to start the water make sure there are socks or such on the end of the hose. This helps filter the water and keeps the metal end off the pretty plaster. Make sure the end of the hose is at the lowest part of the pool so the flow does not cause a channel in the plaster.

Do NOT allow the flow of water to stop once it starts.Keep it flowing until the water level is half way up the water line tile. Stopping the flow of water can cause a ring around the plaster :(

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim they are filling up now with jugs attached and socks over the nozzles. Cant wait to get going. The service guy pushed hard on me using them for the first 90 days to care for the chems. He said I would have to sign a waver saying the plaster could be messed up if the pH was not right. At any rate I will have to follow some of the startup tips from here so if anyone has any let me know please! Thanks again all for all your comments...almost there!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks fantastic!! I’m definitely jealous at this point. :)

Is that plaster on the raised coping in yesterday’s photo? Does it scrub off easily?

It looks fantastic!! I’m definitely jealous at this point. :)

Is that plaster on the raised coping in yesterday’s photo? Does it scrub off easily?

Hey Green yeah its a little spill over they make a decent mess but they cleaned up after themselves pretty well. I didnt see much blue at all that I had to clean up after the fact. The PB is still gonna do a full clean as you can see some red dirt still lingering around on the patio so I am not too concerned at this point.

Will do on the signature Maddie!

Great looking pool. How warm is the water already? Looks like you've got some shade which should help. We rarely get about 84-85 due to a big tree (that is likely soon to be taken out because of the continual mess). I'd like it to get up to about 86, but without the tree we'd climb into the mid 90's I'm sure, so it is one or the other.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.