Brooksville, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Putting in a 15x30 pool with a sunshelf, bubblers and a waterfall. Wifey and I are super excited! Have been a fan of the site for several years now. Also included are the pool cage, variable 4 speed hayward pump, 200 square ft cartridge filter, and a 140k btu heat pump, Pebble tec coating.Screenshot_20191212-134417_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the project! You may want to consider a larger filter so you have to clean it less often.
It was my understanding that this is a bit oversized already. Maybe a future upgrade if needed, we have nickle and dimed this project to well over what we thought we would spend on a pool. All on all we are very happy with the Builder. He has told us many times that he will build whatever we ask for, but has offered valuable advice that has been reflected on this website (talked us out of the built in spa that he would have made money on). But thank you for the advice! Forgot to add there will be a salt system as well (cannot remember the specs atm)

It was my understanding that this is a bit oversized already. Maybe a future upgrade if needed, we have nickle and dimed this project to well over what we thought we would spend on a pool. All on all we are very happy with the Builder. He has told us many times that he will build whatever we ask for, but has offered valuable advice that has been reflected on this website (talked us out of the built in spa that he would have made money on). But thank you for the advice! Forgot to add there will be a salt system as well (cannot remember the specs atm)
It will get the job done with no problem. The advice here is to generally upsize the filter if possible because it makes the time between cleanings longer and it also won't get beat up by the pump as much.

The same goes for the salt water generator. You want to get a cell rated for twice the amount of gallons in your pool so you don't have to run the salt cell at 100%, you don't have to run it as long, and the salt cell will last longer. Depending on what size cell, you could have problems generating enough chlorine during the summer and you would have to supplement with liquid chlorine as well.

Reactions: MBoymer
Thanks for the advice! Will look up the specs when I get home from work. I do know the chlorine generator and the heat pump are oversized. Again don't have the specs for the generator, but the heat pump is 140k btu. Pool is on the north side of the house and will get full sun for at least six months out of the year. Pics to follow. Seem to be too big for the server

On the contractor is getting it done note, we are getting the pool shot Tommorrow. PB started work last Thursday, so 8 days from layout to shotcrete. I used to build homes, so I know quite a bit about construction. PB seems to be doing everything right, passed rebar inspection first try, forms look good, his guys seem knowledgeable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good move on the PB!
Also related to him that I thought there could be more rebar in the seats/swim out. He did not agree with me. But he did add the rebar. As someone who was in CONSTRUCTION, this made me happy. (almost feel bad about questioning him) ALMOST! Very happy thus far.

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
LOVE IT! Have you bonded with it at all? aka watered it. This helps slow the curing down so it is stronger.

It is time for YOUR set of links! The first set is about how to get the best plaster job possible. The second is how to care for your pool when it gets water in it!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

LOVE IT! Have you bonded with it at all? aka watered it. This helps slow the curing down so it is stronger.

It is time for YOUR set of links! The first set is about how to get the best plaster job possible. The second is how to care for your pool when it gets water in it!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:
Pool got a good drenching last night after just setting. I'm at work for 24 hours so no watering today. But will definitely give her another bath when I get home Tommorrow morning! I have already read and used pool school, and TFP recommended levels in the past with a AGP. Will definitely review and read the plaster articles,TYSM!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.