kmac30

May 23, 2018
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Signing docs today. Dig was supposed to start mid-April but I had to push it. Think we’ll start soon. I haven’t read as much on here as I should have, but I bet there will be some comments/recommendations based on other threads I’ve seen. Have at it! And thanks in advance.

1122 Perimeter Ft.
Depth 3.5' - 6'
626 sqft.
1122 Internal Area
Envelope Approx. 17' x 38' (Pool)
17' x 44' (Pool & Spa)
Material Budgets:
Natural Travertine/Marble Coping- 3cm Tumbled Edge
Travertine/Marble Paver Decking- 4 size Versailles Pattern
Glass Waterline Tile
2x4 Splitface Travertine
4"' Deck Drain System- Ties into existing drain in back corner of yard
Pool Overflow Drain- tied into drainage system
Automatic Fill Line w/ backflow prevention valve
Anti-Vortex Main Drains (Pool)
Anti-Vortex Main Drains (Spa)
Anti-Vortex Main Drains (Water Feature Pump 1)
2- Skimmers
2- LED Pool Light
1- LED Spa Light
Hayward Premium Energy Efficient Equipment Pad:
Hayward 3HP EcoStar Variable Speed Max Efficient - Pool Pump
Hayward Tristar 1.5HP Water Feature Pump
Hayward .75HP Cleaner Pump
Hayward SwimClear 425 sqft. Cartridge Filter
Hayward H-Series 400KBTU Pool Heater
Rainbow Inline Chlorination System
Hayward Ultimate Automation OmniLogic Computer w/ App based smart device control

Hayward Neverlube Valves
Hayward Universal Logic LED Colorchanging low Voltage (2) Pool & (1)Spa Light
Hayward Low Voltage 300w Transformers (2)
Polaris 280 Black Max Cleaner (already changing)
Custom Spa- Raised 12"
Oversized 7' x 8'Interior
Infinity Edge Spillway
Glass Waterline Tile
Travertine Coping
Multi level Bench Seating
Contoured backrest
Step in
Spa Light
8- Hydro Air Jets
2 HP Silencer Blower
102 sqft Sunshelf 6" deep, w/ 2 Bubbler Fountains

Attachments

• DB2BB270-EFA7-40E0-82F1-53B0F7DFA1AC.jpeg
    DB2BB270-EFA7-40E0-82F1-53B0F7DFA1AC.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 9B2E9C89-0A7B-4651-A240-57374AC71F99.jpeg
    9B2E9C89-0A7B-4651-A240-57374AC71F99.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 94
Looks awesome! Curious if you had any discussion with the builder about lights & skimmers in the pool. I'm talking with a builder on a similar shaped (but slightly smaller 30 x 14) pool and they quoted one light and one skimmer. My last pool had two lights and it was 30 x 13 but kidney shaped.

Thanks! There are 2 lights. We are talking about that being enough or not. I feel like I keep reading to get more lights.

As for skimmer, there are 2 listed.
I have two pool Hayward Colorlogic LED lights and they are bright. With me in the pool 50’ from the light, it will still cast a shadow of me on the plaster. They do not dim. When swimming towards them, they are blinding.

I think 3 would be too much. If you do get more, get them on a separate relay so you can turn them off separately. I call them June bug beacons.

Attachments

• 9AFEEB94-0F31-48DB-85B1-36EDAC5D891A.jpeg
    9AFEEB94-0F31-48DB-85B1-36EDAC5D891A.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: kmac30
3.5' is a little shallow. I'd suggest increasing the depth of the shallow end to 4'.

Are you changing to a robot?

I’ve been leaning on 4’ and I guess we’ll talk about that. Shouldn’t be a problem.

The only thing about a robot, doesn’t it have to be taken out after it runs? Is it not easier to just leave Polaris in? Everyone I know with a pool has some type of Polaris.

As for SWG, we’re going to talk about what that would look like with builder in a week or so.

Got start date - 5/27 (kicking myself for not starting financing earlier).

doesn’t it have to be taken out after it runs?
It's optional. Some people take them out, others (like myself) leave them in.

A quality robot will clean much better than a Polaris at a small fraction of the operating cost.

It's optional. Some people take them out, others (like myself) leave them in.

A quality robot will clean much better than a Polaris at a small fraction of the operating cost.
I leave mine in as well. The robot is the way to go

I’ve been leaning on 4’ and I guess we’ll talk about that. Shouldn’t be a problem.

The only thing about a robot, doesn’t it have to be taken out after it runs? Is it not easier to just leave Polaris in? Everyone I know with a pool has some type of Polaris.

As for SWG, we’re going to talk about what that would look like with builder in a week or so.

Got start date - 5/27 (kicking myself for not starting financing earlier).
Just curious - Are you going to 6’ deep for a reason? I was planning to go that deep and changed it to only 5’ so that we could stand in the entire pool. A friend has his pool to 6’ and it’s kind of wasted space when a bunch of people are over. Just something to think about

Just curious - Are you going to 6’ deep for a reason? I was planning to go that deep and changed it to only 5’ so that we could stand in the entire pool. A friend has his pool to 6’ and it’s kind of wasted space when a bunch of people are over. Just something to think about
Kids jumping in. My in-laws have a 6.5 and kids seem to get to the bottom pretty quick.

Reactions: Mbb04

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.