New Pool...help

May 21, 2018
Fredericksburg, Va
And I thought jumping out of planes was stressful...thats got nothing on balancing pool chemistry. Been using this site for a while to help get the chlorine chemistry correct.

Just converted my pool to salt. Everything was balanced and running great and now its going haywire
Can't even get a reading for FC and the kit I have tells you to keep adding DPD until it shows pink but it never does.

FC: 0 ?
CC: Unk
PH: 7.6
Salt: 3.2 and SWG running at 75%
Alkalinity: 175
Calcium: 350
CYA: 50

I shocked it last night with 4lbs of shock

Need to get this thing leveled before my wife signs us up for a maintenance contract
Thanks in advance for the help!!
Tom

STOP using anything that is a granular product, even if it calls itself "shock" because all that is doing is adding some chlorine but also yet more CYA or calcium which you don't want or need if you're trying to clear a green pool.

You need plain, unscented, un-thickened, non-Clorox branded bleach from the grocery store. And you need to perform a SLAM procedure to clear your pool of algae.
Directions to SLAM --> SLAM Process

As a sidenote, you may want to get the mineral pack out of there also as it is adding metals to your pool which cause staining.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.