Sweetjones

Sep 16, 2020
Richmond, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, I am reaching out for some advice regarding a leak on my Hayward heater pipe. I am here in Houston and after restarting my pool after the hard freeze I noticed water leaking from some very small pinholes behind the knob to tighten the pipe. See attached picture for reference. Any thought or advise is welcomed.16137604762406459059230915662854.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I was not able to drain before the freeze. I am learning everything now. Pool was just completed one week ago before the freeze. I called the pb and submitted a case. Unfortunately they said it's not covered under warranty and there is a charge to come out then parts and labor.

Probably best to just leave your pool off until you can at least get a heater bypass installed.

Get liquid chlorine and add 3 ppm daily and stir it around the water with your pool bush.

How many pinholes are there leaking? You could try putting some marine epoxy on the holes and see if it seals the leaks. And see if those are your only leaks. I would not run the heater but it may hold water for a bit.

I found that I do have a heater bypass. So currently I am ok until I can find the replacement part which doesn't look good being that I am in Texas. If any one has any local shops that carry part # fdxlfha1930 please let me know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.