New pool having calcium streaking

JamesBell

Nov 7, 2021
Franklin, TN
Hello Folks

We have just built a pool and put water in it at the end of August. It is a shotcrete pool with Hydrazzo French Riviera. About a month later we saw streaking on the sides. We contacted the Builder and he immediately said that it is because the pool water chemicals were not correct. He brought over a representative from Hydrazzo who said that pool PH was more than 8 and that has left a calcium streaking. He recommended using Jack's Magic stain solution #2 treatment. The Builder has done that but it appears that the Calcium streaking has gotten worse. Attached are some pictures

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

TIA

20211107_152520.jpg

20211107_152532.jpg

are we sure that's calcium streaking? Full disclosure I'm new here as well and just learning but my own experience with my midnight blue plaster that after 4 months has become sorta kinda light blue plaster and it's not calcium related. I'm also not familiar with Hydrazzo finish. There are many threads on here about fading plaster and how its usually poor craftsmanship and not water chemistry.

You can have the pool drained and the Hydrazoo sanded with power sanders the plaster company has. But I doubt it will make that much of a difference.

It is what it is. Best to just accept it as natural variations in the finish.

High pH did not cause the streaking. Mottling often happens to dark colored finishes.

@onBalance

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.