New "Pool Guy" and fixer of many things

mrblu333

Jun 13, 2022
Sappington, MO
Hey All!

I joined the forum a couple years ago and usually run across this site for reference of how other folks care for and maintain their pool.

I've been blessed (not cursed) to live next door to my in-laws who created an oasis in their backyard a couple years ago. Somehow.. I turned into the keeper and fixer of all things pool & spa. It does not bother me at all and peaks my interest for learning something new.

Pool ~50,000 gallons, w/salt generator (Intellichlor) swim up bar, slide, waterfall (x2) and jump rocks.
SPA ~1,500 gallons (independent of pool).

I've learned a lot about pool maintenance over the past few years but there's many things I still don't know. A local company cares for the chemicals once a week and I'm hesitant to take on that chore (at least for now).

Thanks for having this forum and helping out!

~Joe (mrblu333)

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 13
Welcome aboard blu! You've certainly got a large pool to take care of and you've come to the right place. We are staffed entirely by volunteer experts and pool enthusiasts so we don't sell anything. This means our advice is never conflicted like many pool stores and suppliers are. I would also suggest you should be easily able to take over the pool care duties using TFP methods and do a better job than any pool maintenance company once you learn about TFP. This doesn't take months or even weeks usually. There are also a couple tips we can give you to check to see if your pool service really knows what they're doing... some do, most don't.

Please also check out this stuff to get started:
Pool Care Basics
FC/CYA Levels
Test Kits Compared

If you decide you want to use TFP get a kit on order asap. We recommend several but we don't sell them and we find "free" water tests at the pool store so unreliable that we can't use them for pool chemical dosing.

I hope this is helpful and again Welcome Aboard!

Chris

Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act